TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wheels 'n bushings
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:45 am 
Does anyone know where I can get Polyurethane Bushings for my 89 gti? (preferably in the UK) I need to get all new bushings as mine are totally fudged. (I did see them, on ssgti.com but $99 for bushings! and then I've got to get them to the uk)<br><br>Also I want to get new wheels after I get my bushings sorted, I was gonna get "16 but after looking @ ssgti.com most of the mag featured cars seem to be running 17", but how hard is it to fit them and how much do they scrub? my cars got koni sport shocks and apex springs (lowers 35 f 40 r mm, I think). I'd prefer to run 17" but if they are gonna run a lot 16" will do.<br><br>P.S Awhile ago I found an Australian website (I think it was aus) that sold body kits for swifts, anyone know where it is? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Wheels 'n bushings
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 8:30 am 
17" will rub as much as 16" if you plan to run 205/45/16, the smallest 16"avaliable in europe, they have the same diameter.<br>Colin , Daniel or Iain will help you with the bushings.<br><br> <p>Oscar Bartol. Madrid (Spain).</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 10:39 am 
Yah, that place with the body kits is<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ssv.com.au/">www.ssv.com.au/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p><a href="http://members.home.net/imstaying">My GTi Page<BR><BR></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 5:09 pm 
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.whiteline.com.au">www.whiteline.com.au</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> sell polyurethane bushing kits for the GTi along with other suspension parts.<br><br>Jezza. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 1:57 am 
Thanks for the links Big GTi Guy & cultus gti, I've emailed both companies about getting the stuff to the UK but I'm still waiting for them to reply.<br><br>Oscar, are you sure 205/45/16 are the same as 205/40/17? Will 16"x7" fit in the arches alright? <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 5:43 pm 
look:<br><br><br>TOTAL DIAMETER:<br><br>205/45/16 :<br><br>16"*2.54+ (205*45/100)*2=59.09 cm<br><br>205740/17:<br><br>17"*2.54+(205*40/100)+2= 59.58 cm <br><br>vey near, it depends on the accuracy OFthe inches-cm conversion that you use.<br><br>YOU HAVE TO BEND YOUR FENDER LIPS <p>Oscar Bartol. Madrid (Spain).</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 2:49 pm 
Looks like they're $238 US for the front and rear bushings on ssgti.com. How much do they improve handling? Is the ride quality not just "maintained" but improved over stock? Are they difficult to install?<br> <p></p><i></i>