TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:36 am 

is there anyone useing longer wheel studs on there gti and have the part number for them?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 am 
Teamswift Racer

I'm using ARP studs from a WRX, I don't have the part number so no point pm'ing me for it, thread is the same 12x1.25

Generally they are sold in packets of 5 so you will still need four packets unless you can find a dealer that will sell you 3 packets and one individually, the head is actually 14mm so you will need to drill out the holes in your hubs, the best thing about the ARP studs (apart from being bullet proof) is the bull nose so the wheel nuts self start, excellent if you use a cordless impact wrench at the track.

I drilled the front hubs in situ so I didn't have to disassemble the hubs, although it would be difficult if you still have 'backing plates' behind your rotors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:21 pm 

thanks dattman will looking into them

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:03 pm 

Check Simpson Motors, see if they have studs for a Vitara - if I recall correctly they have the same size spline as the Swift and are longer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm 

i checked and the parts numbers for the vitara and the swift were the same.. which vitaras do u mean e.g year or what they look like?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm 

soul wrote:
i checked and the parts numbers for the vitara and the swift were the same.. which vitaras do u mean e.g year or what they look like?

I have no idea which Vitara the stud came from - I asked at the local dealer for a stud for the Swift, they didn't have and the closest thing they had was one for a Vitara - same spline, same thread but longer.

Now - I don't know where you're checking part numbers - but I just did a quick lookup of my own - and for an SE416 Vitara, the front & rear studs are different numbers and so is the Swift, so I'd say there something a little awry with where/how you're checking your numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:44 pm 

I myself am going to drill out to 14mm also insitu, let's hope I'm as successful 8)