TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 pm 

Hello all,

I'm trying to find roll centre adjustment kit for the mk2 swift. I race the Suzuki esteem sedan in India and since I lower the car for handling, I'd like to be able to adjust my roll centre given thr fact that thr McPherson setup doesn't respond too well to lowering. Do let me know of there are ready made kits for this specific model of swift. I'm also look for the bump steer kit! If they are not available off the shelf , I'd like to know if anyone has a DIY approach to this issue. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 am 

better to go at any good service station for this sort of thing you would definitly get impressed with it there

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 am 

There are a few different ways to do this to our cars, all involve increasing the distance between the front hub axle centreline and the lower ball joints ball centreline.
[*]Cut out the factory ball joint and replace it with one with a longer stem. This is how most other more popular cars are altered but unfortunately our cars have an odd 15mm (I think!) stem diameter and so are not available to my mind.
[*]Machine up ball joint extenders to bolt between factory ball joint stem and front hub assembly. This is the easiest option but again I don't know of any commercially available ones for our cars.
[*]Last option, and I don't like this one, is to weld an extension to the front hub which then bolts to the lower ball joint stem.

Good luck with it, I'm looking to make up some bolt-in extenders for my cars some time in the future but if someone beats me to it please let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:03 am 
Teamswift Racer

I have answered this in a pm, but yes ball joint extenders is the easiest and ours are 2mm smaller than the commonly available VW ones, someone on TS did make some about 6 or 7 years ago.