TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:33 am 

Finally I was able to get rid of those huge 17" wheels that were on the swift when I bought it. Downsized to these 205/50/15 tires and wow what a huge improvement. I wish I had done this a long time ago. I can now turn the wheel all the way to left and right with no rubbing, hard cornering doesn't cause rubbing, the wheel is waaay easier to turn almost as good as having power steering, and I think the car is even more peppy. I think the 15" rims are much much lighter than the 17s. In general I'm super pleased, it is like driving a new car all over again.

Before:
After:

Boxed Rear Control Arms
Super Pro Poly Bushings
Genie Header
Nissan Intake Manifold
2 1/4" Exhaust
Turbine Tech Underbody Brace
Honda CRX Front Brake Calipers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 am 

They are lighter for sure , you probably dropped a second from your 1/4 times. I know, I'm going through same thing with my car. 16" rims and tires car came on were 13lbs heavier per corner then seven spokes, I could not believe it, that's a huge difference. Besides I think 15s look the best on out GTis

I like your new wheels , are those OZ Racing brand? I have set of them in 15" as well.

BTW I'd love those 17s on my Aerio, I've been looking .............

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:38 pm 

DTM GTi wrote:
They are lighter for sure , you probably dropped a second from your 1/4 times. I know, I'm going through same thing with my car. 16" rims and tires car came on were 13lbs heavier per corner then seven spokes, I could not believe it, that's a huge difference. Besides I think 15s look the best on out GTis

I like your new wheels , are those OZ Racing brand? I have set of them in 15" as well.

I'd be willing to believe I dropped that much time. It really is a big difference, I'm super happy with them. I wish I had weighed them before I put them on for a comparison. When I was unloading the 15's I could do one in each hand but for the 17s I need two hands for one wheel, possibly because I'm a weakling, :D but there is def a difference.

They are OZ racing brand, I was looking for something clean cut like the 7 spokes, but in a 15" size. I saw someone else on here had these and I really liked them. They are off an 2003-2005 OZ rally lancer I believe, in case anyone else was wondering. I really like the clean cut minimal spoke style of wheels.

If you are seriously interested shoot me a message I am looking to unload them to recuperate some of my cost.

Boxed Rear Control Arms
Super Pro Poly Bushings
Genie Header
Nissan Intake Manifold
2 1/4" Exhaust
Turbine Tech Underbody Brace
Honda CRX Front Brake Calipers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:00 pm 
Make love, not moderators

DTM GTi wrote:

My Aerio on 17's. A similar style rim.. Lowered with progress springs.

image_id: 23791

It sits MUCH lower now. This was several years ago.