TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:13 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:56 am 

I have several sets of springs in my garage
Off of several cars, the paint blots are still on them but idk what goes to what.
I am 6'3" so i would like to have my car sit as high off the ground as possible, even thinking of ways to lift it.
Please advise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 am 

I should note that i only use this as a delivery car. Its a 93 2 Door hatch with stock suspension, the ride is VERY soft, but i dont really mind cause of the potholes.

Is there a way to tell if shox are bad if their not leaking?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:34 pm 

Bridgette82 wrote:

Is there a way to tell if shox are bad if their not leaking?

Bounce either the front or rear of the car separately until you get a good rhythm going (5 or 6 times), then on the last bounce let go as soon as you get to the bottom. It should come up, drop down again, then settle. If it continues to bounce a couple more times or more it's time for new shocks.

There are spacers you can buy to extend ride height but any time you change the height of your car you change the dynamics of how it will handle. Be wary of getting rid of your original springs unless you are positive you will never want to put them back in as they can be very hard to find.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:36 pm 
Suzuki Elder

those blocks or clamps used to alter ride height are very dangerous. do not use them. :!:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:24 pm 

Okay but does anyone know what the paint marks represent? Almost every set of coil springs i have ever seen has them.
If i take springs out of a 2001 will my 93 sit higher cause the 2001 is a heavier car? Or will it just ride like shit?

Again.. i would like my car 2 or three inches higher, to help getting in and out of un plowed driveways while delivering pizza.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:10 pm 
Suzuki Elder

yes, using the later model springs will raise the ride height. the ride will firmer.

keep in mind that the taller springs will also change the camber considerably, causing the tops of the tires to move out and the bottoms to move inward.

when i helped my buddy chuckwagon install later model springs on his 92 he had to kick the rear springs into place while i stood on the control arms.

he wears tires out in a new york minute, bald outer shoulders, and his tires squeal like mad when he corners.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 am 

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26246&start=150

The information about using Kia Sportage fronts for the back seems like a really good idea. I would have tried it, but already found some good '98 springs to cut one coil and put on my '91 Metro 'vert.
Perhaps cut them to the same lengh as factory, to keep the ride height the same but with the 1mm thicker diameter it should take more weight or bumps? Just a thought.

'91 'vert with factory 160 hp 13B two rotor, Very clean RX-7.