TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:27 pm 

Hey guys!

A while back, my driver side axle shifted and jacked back into my fender. Apparently I somehow lost a bolt that keeps the CV axle stationary. I'm not sure what it called, maybe A-Frame bolts, the ones in the front, so hopefully someone knows. The other bolt that in there is all gnarled up so I need 2 of these bolts. I tried to find something that would work, at Home Depot, Loews and Advanced Auto, but they had nothing. I did try a M12x1.25, but that was too small.

Does anyone have 2 of these bolts that I can buy? I am starting to have issues with the motor in my truck so I really need to get my GEO fixed ASAP, because I got a new job and school will be starting soon.

You can read all about the carnage here, to get a "better" understanding of what happened ;)

http://geometroforum.com/topic/5354403/1/

I really need your guy's help! I am starting a new job soon and I also need the car to get back and forth to classes!

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 am 

Do you mean the suspension arm front bush mount (that looks like the bolt)?

If so they are a Metric fine thread, a right pita to get, I drilled out the captive nut oversize then tapped it to take a M12x1.25 bolt, I used coated zinc bolts and lots of copperslip to prevent the nasty tin worm rusty stuff corroding it again.

Hope that helps.

Andy.