TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:34 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:34 pm 
Just want to know how many people out there are using automatics on there GTI Swifts? And...performance wise, what is the difference between automatic and the manual transmissions?<br>The automatic I have, stopped running in 3rd,2nd, and reverse. Now that I have the engine and trans out of the vehicle, I dont know wether I should get it fixed,by a rebuilt one, or change it to a manual. I know you guys with automatics might have ran into this situation before...since I hear that the swifts auto trans dont last very long. Kinda confused...any help in this matter would be appreciated. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:01 am 
i dont know too much, but performance wise the auto wouldnt come near a manual as long as the person in the manual was a half decent driver.<br>as for the change from auto to manual , i think its a good idea but i recall people having problems with that conversion for some reason.<br>Does anyone know what that might be???? <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:34 am 

Hey if you want I will sell you an automatic which was rebuilt 30 000km's ago for $150 canadian. Let me know<br>FiveZigen_@hotmail.com<br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:07 am 
The 3 speed autos are fine there is a mk1 swift the real boxy ones in queenslnd with a fully manualised transmission hi rev stall converter and it will run 11/12 sec when it is finished as well as m=numerous GTis rinning 14s 15s with a 3 speed you would want one for wuicker starts less wheelspin and quickershifts the stock swift is 0.2 sec slower in auto then manual its really up to you <p></p><i></i>