TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: o
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:18 am 
Hi,<br><br>your arguments seemed to be right. I´ve talked to a friend, who is a suzuki amd Alfa Romeo dealer. He said similar things about the air mass sensor. <br>Does anybody send me a pictur of his modification, please? I don`t know, whether i`ve understood everything (mayby because of my english, i come from germany). <br>I would like to try this mod.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:04 pm 
ANYONE SEND PICS TO ME ALSO!!!PLEEEEASE!!<br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:58 pm 
banned

calm down my friend<br>no pics were sent that i know of!! <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:18 pm 
you have started this, what about some pictures to avoid mistakes, we could make ?<br>No problem for me to give you my e-mail adress:<br>niels_oumar@lactoprot.de<br><br>thank you for your help !! <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:00 am 
banned

i dont know how to use my digital camera yet<br>be patient <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:00 pm 

so in other words it works and work well but now we need to hear how many others have tried this and how many will cause i don't have spare parts i will not performe this until i am sure it is worth it<br>Dave <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:10 pm 
banned

you can try this without cutting your intake hose!!!!!!!<br><br>get a piece of rubber the same size and clamp it to the tb <br>about 2,3inches max<br>you need a sort of 'turn' or a flexible piece<br>the tricky part is to get a cold start hose into it<br>a smaller hose will work, i used a piece of metal pipe the same size as a gas line and taped it up to the rubber<br><br>you can do this and test drive it as long as everything is tight(use metal screw clamps) and the cold start has a feed<br><br>for those who are wondering about where the crankcase breather hose should go...<br>for those who dont know or havent done it yet...it should not go into your intake!!!<br>re route it to a cheap gas filter at the front of the engine<br><br>come on guys this is simple, all you are doing is putting the air flow sensor as close to the throttle body as possible!<br><br>peace <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Free MOD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:47 pm 

I will try this as soon as I can. I would like to have another hose but its seems harmless.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Free Mod
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:17 pm 
Two words...<br><br><br>WHOAAAA, NELLY!!!!<br><br>I cut just the bend up by the throttle body(including the little accordian) off. <br>Very noticeable difference in throttle response - and this on a "tired" engine. I will try and find a short piece of aluminum tubing next and use it with two short pieces of the old rubber pipe to join it up.<br><br>Going out now to lay some more rubber.... <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:36 pm 

No comments... <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:42 am 
banned

im glad SOMEONE tried it<br><br>i dont know why everyone thinks it doesnt work<br><br>let me tell you a story, one night i was challenged by some honda guys online, i wanted more speed because i was running a preeeetty fast 1800 vtec, i took off the adapter for the filter, i mounted the AFM right beside the tb, i mean metal to metal, champed them together with a small piece of rubber off my original intake(r.i.p.) and left the cold start hose hanging...turned up the idle as it needed it, and went out with NO filter and trust me, if i ever need to win another race ill do this again...<br><br>on the way i didnt really floor it as i was low on gas<br><br>when i reached the 'stretch' now and we lined up, i flew through 1st 2nd 3rd like they werent even there!!!!<br><br>my car was never and will never be as fast as it was on that 'experiment' night<br><br>downsides, it burns ALOT more gas, and the car doesnt drive as smooth as a GTi should, not for daily use<br><br>what byebyevtec(i loooove that name!) did was just basic, i have that on my 92 right now<br><br><br>at least i helped ONE fellow swift member in 'burning rubber' i feel better now<br><br>by the way, did you reset the ecu????? <p></p><i></i>