TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:27 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:25 pm 
hello, i´m planing to make an intake mainfold myself but whit the cultus specs, I think it will give gains in HP because the longer runners and the smotther surfaces.<br>please if somebody can help me whit comments..or pics..<br>thanks <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: intake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:32 pm 
Teamswift Racer

well aren't u in luck<br><br>i have just finished tig welding my custom intake on my swift<br><br>check out <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://groups.msn.com/holyshift/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2">groups.msn.com/holyshift/...lbumlist=2</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> for the pics<br>they are all over the place<br><br>way bigger plenum and big internal velocity stacks, and full port runners<br><br>MURR <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: intake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:01 pm 
wowwwwww thats what i want!!! MURR, do you have that intake for a N/A car? did you use the runners of a cultus intake? big diference in power?<br>thanks<br>ricardo <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:13 pm 
banned

hey<br>i have a cultus intake and as far as i can see the runners are SHORTER<br>i was thinking of doing a custom one and i was going to make the runners as short as possible!!!<br><br>maybe(probably!) im wrong so please correct me <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:42 pm 
Teamswift Racer

he he<br>its for a turbo set up but i cam will be running it soon NA<br><br>the plenum is almost twice as large.<br>i used the canada spec intake milled off the upper welded on the new lower. welded velocity stacks and ported and ported.<br><br>i didn't shorten the runners as shorted runners move the power band up higher. i didn't want that<br><br><br>i swapped the tb end for end to help free up room<br>and u can see where i installed the battery <better weight distrubution<br><br>and i'm probaly going to run a liquid to air and have it right where the battery used to be.<br><br>later<br>MURR<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://groups.msn.com/holyshift/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2">groups.msn.com/holyshift/...lbumlist=2</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:05 pm 
banned

MURR<br>you are the luckiest man alive!<br><br>do you think i could shorten my cultus intake as i want the band higher up? <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:08 pm 
banned

MURR<br>you are the luckiest man alive!<br><br>do you think i could shorten my cultus intake as i want the band higher up?<br><br>and hey, i aked you about my sr20 intake idea in the post 'nissan 3.0 tb'<br>holla back man, even a 'no, your a complete idiot' would do... <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: cultus intake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:45 pm 
jomo, cultus intake got larger runners than swift intake, so if you shorten your intake you will got a swift one!!! and you will lose 5 hp...I know shorter runners good high rpm power but .........why cultus intake hace that desing?<br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: cultus intake
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:36 pm 

The Group A maifold (next step up from Cultus) has even longer intakes and quite a large plenum....as well as being attached to a larger throttle body. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:01 pm 
wow..... group A intake manifold?'?<br>are there any other difrerences bewteen that intake and the cultus one? have you got pics of the group A intake or the cultus one? <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:22 pm 
i found somthing abouth intake desing.....<br>INTAKE RUNNERS<br>Intake ports and manifold runners are in essence pipes or conduits delivering the air/fuel to the cylinder. If the walls of the runners are very rough and jagged, it causes friction, or a restriction, and it is harder for the air to move down the pipe. <br><br>Likewise, if the pipe is too small in comparison to the cylinder, it will be harder for the piston to pull air into the cylinder. <br><br>On the other hand, if the intake port is too big and smooth, the quality of the airflow suffers. <br><br>MANIFOLD DESIGN<br>Heat also impacts these intake pipes. Production engines have heat risers that warm the manifold to improve cold start conditions. <br><br>Once an engine warms up, however, this hurts high performance. What happens, is the manifold gets hot enough to actually warm the air as it comes through the intake runners. This is why you see many performance manifolds with an airspace between the lift er valley and the bottom of the manifold. <br><br>For this same reason, many performance and racing heads do not have a heat riser from the exhaust ports. <br><br>Another factor of manifold design affecting performance is the plenum. This is the chamber where the intake runners collect under the carburetor or throttle body. <br><br>An open plenum design has a single junction box connecting all of the intake runners. A divided plenum has half of the runners coming into one box and the other half coming into an adjacent box. <br><br>With divided plenum manifolds, each cylinder can only draw from half of the carburetor. If you are using a 2-barrel carburetor with this manifold, it means each cylinder would pull air from a single barrel. <br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: intake manifold
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:15 pm 
Hi, I got a PC program that could help with this. its a program that calculates the size of the intake and the exahust depending on a few things.<br>It got a problem for some of you, its in spanish.<br>I can send it by email.<br>fede<br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Intake
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:59 pm 

Group A manifold<br><br>Plenum is larger than stock and Cultus.<br><br>Runners are longer than Cultus but similar shape.<br><br>Intake is cast, not handmade, will last longer as the Cultus ones are getting older as we speak.<br><br>It is a reverse manifold - throttle body is on battery side - battery needs relocation.<br><br>Comes with 50mm throttle body (MK1 style with integral AFM) but can be fitted easily with later model TB (friend had one on his MK2).<br><br>Required longer throttle cable - no great dilemma.<br><br>Interesting to note that a race team here did back-to-back dyno tests on a GTi engine and found that even with large cams, TB's over 51mm actually started to lose power. Not looking for an argument, just stating some info I came across. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: ff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:14 pm 
d <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:17 pm 
thanks for the GROUP a intake manifold i will make it next week, right now i´m overboring my TB and MAF, this saturday i will go to drag racing!!! i will tell you the resoults!!!<br><br>me interesa el programa en español, cual es tu correo??? <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:19 am 
fedesagol@hotmail.com<br> <p></p><i></i>