TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: wild cams
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:06 am 
hey ive just got some cams from rospen with a 10m valve lift and a 398 duration intake and out.but before i fit them i would like to know if thay will run with a stage 2 ssgti chip because thats what i have in my ecu. my friend said that i will need a new ecu or to remap my ecu any info would be helpful thanks. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: re: wild cams
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:40 am 
Hi guy, if you are going to be using 10mm lift cams you should also get some solid lifters the standard hydraulic won't work to good with them and i think in some cases you have to shave the head where the cam lobs would travel or they touch, now to correct you they are only 360 degrees in a duration. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: cams
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:07 am 
duration is 298 not 398 <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: wild cams
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:13 am 

You mean 298 º ? Man that's wild. You can keep the SSGTi chip but if you want to get the most out of those cams I would go for some sidedraft carbies or a specific chip with larger injectors. Besides modifying the lifters and valve springs, you will also have to port head, intake, custom header, 2.25" exhaust.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: more mods!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:18 am 

Hey I have a guy making custom grinds for me right now. I would go with the list of mods caaarlo told you but I would also add the Nissan 55mm tb and a ford 2.3l MAF. If you get the TB make sure to bore out the inlet on the intake manifold as it's not big enough. My Brother runs cams with a crazy profile and has done these mods, and the car is untouchable from 4000rpm to 9000rpm.<br><br>Jake <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: more mods!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:25 pm 
jake where do you live? those cams are good what is the duration,lift i need those!!!!!!! get @ me http://www.mijerzmidaanmk@hotmail.com <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Cams
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:02 pm 

Hope you don't do any driving below about 5000rpm - you'll have no power....<br><br>For the most performance, I'd be looking at Quad TB's and an aftermarket ECU...we have about 15 or 20 on the market here in Australia. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: wild cams
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:19 am 
Teamswift Racer

Hi have the same cams on my racing swift. You will need to convert to solid lifters and also you will need to change the valve springs.<br><br>For engine management I don't think the chip will do the job. You also will need more air, meaning bigger MAF and TB.<br><br>My engine has a twin weber 45mm dcoe setup with a electromotive HPX for ignition. The cars is a beast from 5,500 rpm to 9,000 rpm.<br><br>I still need to tune the webers and also adjust the cams. I'm currently installing the Rospen Close Ratio gear kit.<br><br>Bolivar <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: ????
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:29 am 

Actually the power below 5000rpm is still impressive but the power comes on very strong at 4000rpm and hold you in your seat all the way to 9000rpm. He has done the solid lifter conversion and uses Tom's chip. Low end power is sacrificed a little but makes up for it on the top end. <br>(I would recomend not chewing gum while driving)<br><br>Jake <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: hey Jake
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:10 am 
hey jake, does the person that is doin your reprofilin has a web site or e-mail address or even a phone number that i can have, and how much $$$ are we lookin at for the job. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:27 pm 
hey thanks for the info but what i relly want to know is will it run ok for now because im broke. I have some good springs in the head all ready from suzisport thay come wive the performance head thanks again <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:19 am 

Bogey11, your car should run fine the way it's set up now. But to Maximize your performance gains from the cams you should consider the TB, MAF and all that stuff......you have the solid lifter conversion right??<br><br>Jake <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: hey Jake
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:08 am 
so are you goin to tell me or give me a price for the reprofilin <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:13 am 
hi just fitted my cams and have a couple of problems frist reving up to 2 then droping down back to 1 i have had this problem for some time now but now because idle is set to 1.5 it reving up 2.5 or 3 and also breaks are relly stiff my friend said it could be my servo .<br>also 2 to 4 car is relly struggling then i starts to go and so far have gone to 8.3 and it flys but it relly start to go at 7 and im sure would carry on pulling intill i blow up the engine is there any way to improve bottum end please help. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: brakes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:55 am 
Teamswift Racer

hmmm<br><br>i hope u realize when u install bigger cams your manifold vacumm will decrease, and the brakes are vacuum assist.<br>ie they need vacuum to work.<br><br>this is y your brakes are stiff.<br><br>I would get a pryo and a air/fuel meter in your car right now.<br>cause if u put anything more then stock cultus cams. your stock computer will not meter fuel correctly, even the chips do not give the engine enuf fuel for stock cams.<br><br>Later<br>Liam<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://groups.msn.com/holyshift/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2">groups.msn.com/holyshift/...lbumlist=2</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:31 pm 
whats a pryo <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Idle
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:42 pm 

Your ignition curve will also be all wrong for your cams, as well. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Idle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:02 pm 
We at ESR would like to add a little something. Chips work well for street cruising and spirited driving. If you have Big cams just change your INJECTORS for more fuel. Dump the stock injectors, there is only so much a stock injector can do.<br><br>ESR <p></p><i></i>