TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Specs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:55 pm 
Hey Fellas<br><br>Im writing from Auckland, New Zealand<br><br>I own a Suzuki Baleno 1998 GLX<br><br>Its a 5 speed Manual and has the G16B engine. <br><br>Im curious to what the correct specs for this engine actually are. I have read a few sites on the Net and they all seem to give different answers. <br><br>These are the things I know for sure about my engine:<br>Displacement: 1590cc<br>16 Valve<br>Multipoint Fuel Injection.<br><br>2 things I really wish to know are:<br>Is it SOHC or Twin Cam?<br>What is the Factory KW output for this engine.<br>What are the advantages of a SOHC engine and what are the advantages of a Twin Cam engine.<br><br>Also...<br><br>The Car is totally factory (I lose sleep over this fact every night) so I want to MOD it a little bit. Im not a heavy Modder but I do like the engine to breath abit more which will usually give it a little bit of a power increase. Im talking Filter and Exhaust and maybe some better plugs and thats about it.<br><br>My Question is, is it worth it on this engine or does the engine not have enough grunt in the 1st place for these MODS to make a difference. What im really asking is, is it worth me spending $$$ on the engine when its not gonna make much of a difference to performance.<br><br>Cheers<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:20 pm 
I thought this would be quite a simple question for one of you to answer?<br><br>Or is it so easy your not going to bother? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:15 pm 

hey, I'm in Auckland too, <br>G16B is a 1.6L engine,<br><br>as for SOHC/DOHC<br>if it's a 4 cyl<br>then, it can have 8 valves, one intake and one outake on each cylinder, if it's got 16 valves, then there are two outakes and two intakes on each cylinder,<br>SOHC = single overhead camshaft<br>DOHC = double -/-<br><br>my G13B is 70bhp and it's a SOHC,<br>if it were a DOHC it would be 100bhp. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:20 pm 

oh, and your enigne is 70.5KW@6000, 134Nm@3000,<br><br>advantage of DOHC over SOHC is more power, <p></p><i></i>