TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NOS Octane Boost
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:26 pm 
Hi I saw an ad for NOS Octane Boost they have 3 formulas Street Race and Off-Road. Do you guys know anything about this stuff? You can get it a Canadian Tire. It elimanates lose if power, build up of deposits. etc etc etc. I am going to buy a bottle and try it on my Sprint. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: NOS Octane Boost
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:50 pm 
A legend in his own mind

save your money...!!!<br><br>it promises to do what EVERY OTHER "octane boost" claims to do...<br>find me a bottle of octane boost that DOESN'T say it will "clean your injectors", "increase hp", work miracles on your fuel system"...but beyond all that hype is the fact that it will only increase a maximum of a few points of octane in your tank!!<br><br>Save your $$ and treat your sprint to a fresh change of oil!<br><br>my $0.02<br><br>TGstring <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:04 pm 
banned

same here<br>i have wasted money on octane boosters that promise the world...<br>i changed the oil in my new car today, mobil one 25w50 and i swear the car is 10 times quicker!!!!!!!<br><br>ok before i start getting insulted in this post...<br><br>not sure what you hope to accomplish with nos octane booster but i think you will be dissapointed if you have tried others, my advice is to pull your gas tank and fully clean it, change the filter and proffesionally clean your injectors..<br><br>peace <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:41 pm 
I have a rally chip, if I use less than 90 octane fuel after 2 tanks I get knocking. I add 1 bottle of (STP octane) & the engine runs smooth again. STP is a well known supplier of performance additives(not that this necessarily means anything). Its $3.62plus tx at Wall Mart. It can end up being cheeper than prem fuel depending on the pump $. I don't know how many, if any, octane points it will raise a tank but it is rated for as much as 56 liters?<br><br>Sprint GTI <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:22 am 
Teamswift Racer

They have different formulations for differnt uses. depending on what you are doing. Yes it only raises a couple points. But usually when i am racing i mix a batch up EXACTLY as instructed ( i use the black bottle - off road use/strip ) but i generally do this as i have my timing advanced a few more dgrees when i am racing, Plus the altitiude wreaks a little havok. i am sure the 94 octane would be fine, but what the hey! Car sure seems to like it! (but the synthetic oil change is still a far better investment, especially if you convert the tranny over as well!) <br><br> <p>www.geocites.com/rallysuzuki</p><i></i>

Post subject: NOS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:44 am 

Just buy the STP bottle and put Petro Canada 94 gas in your car and it should be has good and save you the 20+$.... <br>Try advancing the timing a bit from your distributor (the two HEX screws on the side, Fill the car with premium gas and then play with it (turning it to the back of the car advances your timing if I remember correctly) to see were you like the most your power) The only thing his that you'll need to run premium constantly after that.<br>Worked well on my 1.3 SOHC. <br>P.s. A good thing could be to mark up your original distributor location before changing it, so if you want to switch to regular again it will be easyer.... <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: NOS
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:55 pm 

We dynoed a truck with the NOS Racing version, which has the NOS mixture in the octane booster. Does it works? Yes but not much. However, it is better to find an airport with 100 Octane pumps. <p></p><i></i>