TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:07 pm 

Are there any wiring changes that need to be done when going from a three cylinder to a SOHC four? I assume the ECU is different, but will the four cylinder stuff just plug in? <p>--------------------<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/gasolinefumes/index.html"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>My Website</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 pm 

good question im sorr i don't know exactly but i have just removed a 1.3 four cyl engine ready to go into my 1ltr 3 cyl car.

yes you are correct the ecu must be changed other than the ecu i believe the wiring harness is the same.

ive looked at both wiring looms and there seem to be spare connectors lying around in places

also a four cylinder has the same sensors as the three cylinder it is just the ecu which reads the info from sensors and alters processes etc.

as i said i am in the process of doing this engine swap so i will post a reply with hopefuly some more definate answers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:48 pm 

I just finished swaping in a 1.3 SOHC into my Vert. When I changed out the engine I changed out the front wiring clip as well. It made it simple and I didn't have to splice in any wres. Some guys have just added a few snips of wiring and that works to. :D :D :shock: :shock: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:37 pm 

Old thread! :lol:

I ended up using most of the wiring from the donor car. I think the only harness I kept was the rear one for the taillights, etc.

1991 Swift - Parts car (gone)
1990 Swift - Parts car
1997 Metro - Parts car (gone)
1993 Metro - Parts car
1989 Swift GTi - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:45 pm 

I have the same question. Im so glad that somebody already submitted the answer. Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 pm 

When I went the other way ( installed a small block ). I used the same ecu and harness, I only had to open the harness and move the temp sensor to the other side of the intake. This was a 95 Metro swap OBD 1. The car still runs great three years later. FYI

I sold this car to a friend at work. I now have a Saturn L which is an Opel Vectra B.