TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:38 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:08 am 

Given that nobody outside the UK would know what year a K registered car is, not really possible to answer the question. Get the year off the ID plate.

Have a look at the ECU currently fitted - there is a sticker with the numbers on it - if the numbers match the spare you are looking at, you can use it. If they don't, they are not the same ECU so won't work.

With 3 lights across the back I am guessing yours is a MK3 - therefore a 1990 MK2 ECU will not work for you. In OZ, Mk2 is 1989 - 1992, MK3 is 1993 on - UK will be similar years. You can buy the correct chip for your ECU from a supplier here http://www.occracing.com for $50 US plus shipping. At the very least, you would get the right chip for your car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:15 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

MK2 Phase 1 = MK2
MK2 Phase 2 = MK3

MK2 and MK3 GTi ECUs are interchangable with each other, so yeah it'll work.

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:22 am 

hey lithan

i have got a phase 1 engine and a phase2 car. im doing the conversion at the moment. i just want to know if i get the phase 2 wiring loom and connect it to the phase1 engine and dashboard to avoid splicing and use the phase1 ecu will it work?

cheers

tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:27 pm 

cultusgzo wrote:
hey lithan

i have got a phase 1 engine and a phase2 car. im doing the conversion at the moment. i just want to know if i get the phase 2 wiring loom and connect it to the phase1 engine and dashboard to avoid splicing and use the phase1 ecu will it work?

cheers

tim

Yes, however, one little gotcha "may be" the water temp sensor. I found using a mk2 ph2 sender matched to the mk2 ph1 temp gauge showed much lower temps. the two temp sensors are quite different both in thread size and part no. If you can live with that, there should be no problemo's. Otherwise, swap thermostat housings and use an older version of sensor

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:20 am 

well its a thing i can live with for sure cause ill also install an oil temp sensor so i can still monitor engine temperature. the thing i didnt understand is that of using the oil thermostat sensor. can you explain that to me better?

cheers

tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:57 am 
Certified (nuts)

Please can we stop using the phase1, 2 stuff..?
Your confusing ppl on the board.

Spank you very much!! :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:57 am 

Hey, we use mk1 mk2 mk3 here in the antipodes, I was translating into Pomgolian for the locals..

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.