TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:08 pm 

I believe that bonnet is the terminology in australia for hood. Just different way of saying it thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:03 am 
'zuki addict

Yeah take a chill pill girlcrazy_4 :lol:

Honestly if his running a microtech, he should of just gone for QTBs. A proven big horse power increaser if installed and tuned properly. This setup is more show than for go I feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:33 am 
Teamswift Racer

girlcrazy_4 wrote:
and why the f**k do U guys call it a "bonnet"? Looks like a "hood" to me

Don't get me started, yes it's a bonnet, red riding hood wears a hood, a trunk belongs on an elephant not on the back of a car, the Queens English has a 'u' in colour and tyre is spent with a 'y' :furious:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:35 am 

If we agree to go along with all that, will you please stop calling your front fender a "WING"?

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:00 pm 

Hertz wrote:
Yeah take a chill pill girlcrazy_4 :lol:

Honestly if his running a microtech, he should of just gone for QTBs. A proven big horse power increaser if installed and tuned properly. This setup is more show than for go I feel.

well engineered single TB will develop same peak HP as any quad setup.
The difference in throttle response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:32 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Woodie wrote:
If we agree to go along with all that, will you please stop calling your front fender a "WING"?

Wing :!: a wing belongs on a bird or an aeroplane, we call them 'guards' as its guards the front wheels, similar to a 'fender' fending off pedestrians :lol:

I agree with Tekkie, quads, single or twin tb, if you make any off them big enough you will flow enough air to make max hp, it's air velocity that is really important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:54 pm 

AFAIK, with a plenum and a TB, you have 2 resonant systems, Plenum and runners. Playing with both can lead to a broader power band, good torque and average power, ideal for street (area under de curve).

With ITBs, there is only one resonant system, the runners/stacks, and they are generally tuned for narrow, peak HP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:39 am 

Dattman wrote:
I agree with Tekkie, quads, single or twin tb, if you make any off them big enough you will flow enough air to make max hp, it's air velocity that is really important.

If air velocity is really important, you will be narrowing down your intakes to improve this metric.

I have a link somewhere to a crowd that improve HP in a zook GSXR engine by reducing the size of the intakes using .... jbweld.... improves the hp by ensuring the cylinder gets maximum volume filled through reducing backpressure by increasing the velocity of the air entering the cylinder....

Either that or they were on magic mushrooms, but dyno test before and after showed increase in HP by a few percentage points.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:43 am 

Beyond the resonace efect on the plenum, wich helps but not much I think, there´s a pressure distribution inside the plenum that makes the 4th. cylinder breathe better than the first. Having 2 TBs you can lower the speeds on the first cylinder and that will make the distribution more even.

My point of view is that the resonace efects help but to make it worth, the lengh of the primaries should be to long.