TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 am 

Ok i just searched for an hour and a half and cant find what i was looking for. I did find it a few weeks ago but cant locate it not. Im needing to know what mass air flow to use for a 60mm ish size??? Was it the 2.4 Ranger i believe it was for the upgrade and if so what year and motor size to make sure. Im needing to know this befor Saturday because its the only chance ill have for a few weeks to get to the junk yard. And what mods do you have to do to get the upgraded maf to work??? Was it 30 minutes of idling to get it to set itself??? Thanks Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:58 am 

Different members will tell you different things. Most use a ford and mount the factory sensor to the ford main body. But it will not be right as far as tuning.

You can tune one by getting a standalone or a MAF tunner. Now with both of these controls you could just mount the sensor in the pipe and tune it to the range. Then the Maf would be as big as the intake pipe.

Now putting the sensor in the pipe. You would need to make a mount and it needs a tube to smooth out the air stream past the hot wires. But all in all not to hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:03 am 

Ok thanks and in that case ill wit till i find an apexi cheap then ill worry about it then. Thanks for the help Stephen