TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exhaust Help Please!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:11 pm 

I am in the midst of my geo rebuild and am beginning to wonder what route would be best for my exhaust system. The setup is going to include the performance cam, and 3 cyl header. I am looking to make a car that will launch me off the line quickly, but isnt going to top out at 75 mph... I am also looking for something fairly quiet, perhaps with a tone like a european tuner. I do NOT want a ricey fart can sound. So any suggestions that compromise these things? Thanks much!

Greg

-Front lowered 2", euro taillights with LED light bar, clear corners, CAI, 31x10.50 Rear tire swap
1993 Dakota
- All stock, big ol v8 beast. Wanna buy it?

Post subject: Re: Exhaust Help Please!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 pm 

I went with a flow-thru Catco Catalytic Converter (eBay). For the muffler I listened to a lot of YouTube videos and got a Jones Thunderbolt 12" glasspack ($25 shipped), Cherry Bombs unavailable. A deeper gutteral sound. I might have gone with a quieter 14" but I'm very happy. I had to add a tip to get the sound waves out beyond the bumper. Chrome of course.
No problems so far. Seems to be enough back pressure with the 2" to 1-1/2" pipe reduction. Engine is very free, gas mileage about the same. The suzukird.com 3-1 header is sweet. I wrapped mine with Thermo Tec tape and painted it with 2000 deg. silver paint. 2"x50' of tape did my header and The Wifes' stock pipe, header to cat.
Keep your foot out of it around police offficers. It will turn heads. Did 85 mph on the 405 in So Cal.
Give YouTube a try.

'91 Metro, rescued from trip to junk yard. SuzukiRD Underpulley & Header. 3Tech 9mm plug wires & 218/350 cam +10 gear, Bosch Plat. +4s, FlameThrowerII, synthetic fluids. K&N, Optima, Catco, Jones glasspack, & KYB struts. Vortekx Generators, Air dam, 7mm ground system, Ram Air. No TBI bridge. No A/C - roof scoop works.
'96 Metro - The Wife's car: SuzukiRD Underpulley, 3Tech econo cam +10 gear, K&N, KYB, Bosch, Syn. & grounded. No TBI bridge.