TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 pm 

So i have been doing A lot of searching for parts, I came out with good website for zuki parts, But only like 2 websites in the US sell after market headers, They are both Extremely over priced and look cheaply made. No offense.

I also tried ebay and got nothing.

Brands? link?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 am 

No one is running a Header on there swift in the US then huh ? Odd :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:21 am 
King of Pompous

BoostedGTI wrote:
No one is running a Header on there swift in the US then huh ? Odd :roll:

No its just that we are likely running American overpriced ones that you don't want.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:43 am 

well its pretty odd when you buy a Swift gti header, and you have to pay more for the Collector to be welded on and the o2 bunk. But thanks for your Imput

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:53 am 
King of Pompous

Like it or not...its not like there's a lot of options for headders over here. I had a Genie on mine and it was great but sadly they aren't making them anymore. You will have better luck sourcing parts from overseas. BD Motorsports has a couple but I'm not sure what it will end up with the shipping. If you want to stick with American products be prepared to pay for them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:00 pm 

are the ones over seas alot better quality? than say the srd?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:05 pm 

I actually Just found a Local guy in washington state that makes Headers for Suzuki's.

Stan's Headers in Auburn Wa, I think ill pay a little extra and get a Good custom header made.

:alien:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:09 pm 
King of Pompous

COOKIEMNSTR wrote:

The SRD units are simple crush bent headders. They have a chrome finish on them to make them look nice. I'm sure they are better than the stock manifold (assuming the flange is straight). The ones from BD Motorsports are a proven design, mandrel bent unit available as a 4-1 design or 4-2-1. They also had options on collector design last time I checked. Hertz on this forum runs BD so you could contact him for more details or visit the site.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 pm 

COOKIEMNSTR wrote:

Put your car in your sig, please.

If you have anything other than the G13B, Hertzes headers will not work.

SRD headers are trash, but they are considerably cheaper, than the better ones out there.

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 am 

well foo i have the same motor as you do.. i also put it in my sig.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 am 

COOKIEMNSTR wrote:
well foo i have the same motor as you do.. i also put it in my sig.

Then you are stuck, as far as I know, only SRD makes a header for this car. You can probably go and get one custom made by an exhaust shop, but I can't say how much it'll be.

The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 am 

ya thats what i figured.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:14 am 
'zuki addict

COOKIEMNSTR wrote:
If you have anything other than the G13B, Hertzes headers will not work.

Their is possibly a way around that, all you need to do is weld on your own flange. I can even supply the header without the flange. Or you or someone could ship me a sample flange and I could get them made up here.

Only 2 things that might be an issue are 1, the spacing between the four pies from the header don't line up with the ports in t he head, or 2, the header isn't long enough to clear the engine, however I think this is very unlikely, and shouldn't be a problem unless you have a 1.5l or 1.6L block.

http://www.bdmotorsports.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:41 pm 

Hertz,

I will have a flange from the stock header, I can part with at the beginning of September.

I can compare it against the stock 1.6L 16V SOHC flange, they look identical actually.

Or if you like, I can get the flange scanned, I'll put all the relevant measurements on it, and send that to you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:28 pm 
'zuki addict

gamefoo21 wrote:
Hertz,

I will have a flange from the stock header, I can part with at the beginning of September.

I can compare it against the stock 1.6L 16V SOHC flange, they look identical actually.

Or if you like, I can get the flange scanned, I'll put all the relevant measurements on it, and send that to you?

Yeah sure thing, a 1:1 ratio scan would be a good start to see if the pipes line up with flange.

What engine are we talking about here, whats the capacity?

If you want a chrome finish, forgot about it, no way I am doing that, it adds way to much to the expense, and would burn away in a manner of weeks. Headers are not meant to be pretty, even brand new they come with traces of surface rust and imperfections in the paint and impossible to avoid, so don't expect a work of art, but expect serious results!

http://www.bdmotorsports.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:46 pm 

Hertz wrote:

Yeah sure thing, a 1:1 ratio scan would be a good start to see if the pipes line up with flange.

What engine are we talking about here, whats the capacity?

If you want a chrome finish, forgot about it, no way I am doing that, it adds way to much to the expense, and would burn away in a manner of weeks. Headers are not meant to be pretty, even brand new they come with traces of surface rust and imperfections in the paint and impossible to avoid, so don't expect a work of art, but expect serious results!

The engine would either be a 4cyl 1.3L or 1.6L. The flange/pipe sizing for both are nearly identical from what I see.

I'm going home on Friday, so I'll get ahold of my 4-2-1 header, and I'll scan in the flange face with a ruler for reference.

Ahhh, no chrome, but stainless would be nice, barenaked, ready for ceramic or paint or ceramic wrapping or a combo of two or three.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:06 am 

Hertz wrote:

Only 2 things that might be an issue are 1, the spacing between the four pies from the header don't line up with the ports in t he head, or 2, the header isn't long enough to clear the engine, however I think this is very unlikely, and shouldn't be a problem unless you have a 1.5l or 1.6L block.

SuzukiRD managed to get both of those wrong when they built my header. Other than failure on the only two possibilities and the shitty chrome, I'm pretty happy.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 pm 
Teamswift Racer

I Have try 3 different headers on my race swift, the first one was a calmini header, good quality but just good for the street, the second one was a genie header, great header but my last header is the one to buy, is a Rospen 4-1 race unit, I think now is BDMotorsport. The other header that I like but have never try it is from ted componets in canada. Not sure on the price but here is the link with a pic of it. http://www.tedcomponents.com/customheaders.htm just go to the buttom of the page

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:11 am 

OK, but back to main title.
Which header would be better 4-2-1 or 4-1 for let's say stock engine (with stock header).
Mine head is A-group spec that gave 110hp and 131Nm but i'm planing to change camshafts (witch will give me power till about 7500rpm) and adjustable cam gear set with possibly fuel pressure regulator and piggiback...
I know that 4-1 gives better effects on top but wont there be a horror at the low rpms then ??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:12 pm 

4-2-1 = good for bottom and midrange, if you need grunt, pick up and go, and stable cruising speeds. Sacrifices some on the high end, you'll shift sooner as you're power band will drop off sooner.

4-1 = good for high end, excellent for drag racing or when you spend alot of time in the higher rpms. Sacrifices on the low end, and some in the mid range, you'll feel more of a pull into the higher rpm power band.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:21 pm 

gamefoo21 wrote:
4-1 = good for high end, excellent for drag racing or when you spend alot of time in the higher rpms. Sacrifices on the low end, and some in the mid range, you'll feel more of a pull into the higher rpm power band.

OK so i've ordered 4-1 and waiting for it... I wonder how it will work.. can't wait to check :D