TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm 

Anyone know where to find them?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:34 pm 

There's this great function up at the top of the page. It has the ability to provide you with the answer to many of your questions, all on its own. I hope that you can figure out which one i'm talking about :D

Starts with an "s" and ends with an "earch button"...

Good luck!

And no, i'm not a *complete* ass...

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33985

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:29 pm 

Well in all my search attempts I never came across the link that you posted. Im not afraid to admit I suck at searching, but i try. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:11 pm 

Allright, fair enough :D

It's also quite helpful to just browse the relevant forums. That link is in the first half a dozen or so on the "TeamSwift Manufacturers/Suppliers" forum, which is the forum i *always* check first for parts, if only just to return some support to the people who put in so much work to provide parts for what can't be a very profitable market.

Spend enough time on these boards though, and you'll get to recognize which companies are good, and what they do best. 3tech, for example, concentrate mainly on 3-banger stuff, heads and cams being the focus i believe, but suprf1y will often work on GT heads aswell, for example, so it's great sometimes to just talk to these guys about what you need. Swifters are surprisingly helpful to strangers!! (as long as they own a swift too!! :D)

It should be noted too that if you're just looking for engine mounts, there's lots of how-to's on filling them in with urethane which is actually quite effective and can allow you to avoid excessive vibration transmission.

Good luck finding your mounts.

Kyle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:34 pm 

thanks. Ive actually lurked the site for the last 4 years. I just installed a port and polished head w/cam thanks to suprf1y. thanks for your input!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:39 am 

Hey there i hope you found out where to search for the engine mount, if not try bdmotorsports.net under engine section. Hope this help. Have a nice day.

"You brake and then turn the wheel, step on the clutch, and pull the e-brake. Release the e-brake, go into countersteer mode, then wait. Wait until you know the car is facing the corner exit direction. then you smile and slam on the gas as you exit the corner." - Keiichi Tsuchiya.

What is power without control?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 pm 
'zuki addict

There is a god chance the ones I stock (BD Motorsports) will be the same as yours. All Swifts from 1989-2000 used the same engine mounts (not including the mounting bracket) If not, I can poly a set up for you if you send them over.

http://www.bdmotorsports.net

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:37 pm 

i made them for my 87 turbo ..... cause i could not find the begins with "s" and ends with "earch" button send me your round mount housings and i will make you new urethane mounts $30.00 per mount

Attachments:
dsc_190.jpg [84.66 KIB]
Downloaded 537 times
dsc_186.jpg [81.94 KIB]
Downloaded 536 times
dsc_181.jpg [75.69 KIB]
Downloaded 536 times
dsc_177.jpg [76.66 KIB]
Downloaded 536 times