TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 94 geo metro ?'s
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:55 pm 

does anyone no any kind of performance parts i can get for my 1 litre metro? I have cat back exhaust but im looking to see what i can get for her :D

Post subject: Re: 94 geo metro ?'s
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:42 pm 

Check these out:

http://www.teamswift.net/3tech for camshafts, complete heads etc. I got a camshaft and +10 gear and those makes a huge difference

http://www.turbinetech.ca for turbo-applications

- 0,5mm oversized pistons
- mildly ported head, 1,7mm taken off
- ss exhaust valves
- 222/365 3tech cam
- +10 gear
- K&N air filter
- TBI bridge removed
- 40mm throttle and intake manifold
- srd underdrive pulley
- AASCO 3kg flywheel with GTi clutch
- GTi catback
- deleted cat, now 2" ss pipe
- 14x6J ET45 BSA Racing
- Nankang AS-1 165/55-14
- 35mm lower Apex front and rear springs
- GTi sway bar
- Turbinetech underbody brace
- Ultra Racing upper strut bar

0-100kph: unknown seconds

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:14 pm 

Welcome to TeamSwift, BiggJames.

Peenutzz and I both agree with "K&N replacement filter, U/d pulley... and Suzukird exhaust header" While Peenutzz removed the Cat. I went with a flow through Catco.

I've posted that the http://www.suzukird.com/ racing header is not for everyone, it is lower, LOUDER and not smog approved in 50 states (keep the old parts for smog checks). Get the flange and O2 bung and it's about $250 + tax/ship. It's been argued that you don't get the hp they claim. I LOVE IT. Go for it, unless you go turbo like Peenutzz suggests checking out.

IMHO, Suzukird also makes an aluminum U/d (underdrive) pulley that's nicely anodized. Do go with synthetic oils, improve the ground with 7mm wire, check out 3tech's 8 or 9 mm racing plug wires(?) and maybe use the Bosch Platinum +4 plugs. My little litre likes them.

Stuff like "bridge removed, Suprf1y cam and +10 sprocket." I haven't gotten into but it works, eh. Depends on how far beyond the 3 mile limit you want to go. I'm cautious about giving up mpg for hp. My stuff is bolt-on (lazy) plus I have 2 Geos and a part-time job (cheap). :lol:

'91 Metro, rescued from trip to junk yard. SuzukiRD Underpulley & Header. 3Tech 9mm plug wires & 218/350 cam +10 gear, Bosch Plat. +4s, FlameThrowerII, synthetic fluids. K&N, Optima, Catco, Jones glasspack, & KYB struts. Vortekx Generators, Air dam, 7mm ground system, Ram Air. No TBI bridge. No A/C - roof scoop works.
'96 Metro - The Wife's car: SuzukiRD Underpulley, 3Tech econo cam +10 gear, K&N, KYB, Bosch, Syn. & grounded. No TBI bridge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 pm 

A word to the wise... There have been many problems with SuzukiRD's products. Do be warned if you get a crap product, they will charge you a 30% restock fee, because in their "professional" opinion it works just the way it is. If you are lucky you get a quality product, if you aren't you join the rest of us who have had to get welds redone, have flanges machined, had to get their pieces "unplated" and re-coated, and other various bits of metal working done/redone.

They are not a teamswift approved vendor for very good reason. Just look in the this forum: viewforum.php?f=26 or look in my album. I spent 3x the initial cost of my header(fixing their drunken, stoned, and idiotic excuse for a header) and waited 3 months to recieve it, even though they told me it was already done and ready to go.

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:05 pm 

My exact setup now is:

- srd underdrive pulley
- Suprf1y (=3tech) 350/218 camshaft
- +10 cam gear
- K&N replacement airfilter
- removed bridge
- removed cold air pipe to front fender
- stock head
- stock exhaust, still with cat at the moment
- stock 155/70-13 tyres
- stock everything else
- weight is about 820kg, with me in it

My 0-100kph time went from 15,9 to 13,3 secs (almost empty gastank and only me and soundsystem in it), and best top speed is 171kph, average about 160. Those mods cost me about 250 euro's, and I got a lot of fun in return. The cam plays the biggest part, so that's where I would start if I were you.

Within a few weeks I will have my srd header installed, and the cat will be removed, hopefully gaining a few extra horses. :D

- 0,5mm oversized pistons
- mildly ported head, 1,7mm taken off
- ss exhaust valves
- 222/365 3tech cam
- +10 gear
- K&N air filter
- TBI bridge removed
- 40mm throttle and intake manifold
- srd underdrive pulley
- AASCO 3kg flywheel with GTi clutch
- GTi catback
- deleted cat, now 2" ss pipe
- 14x6J ET45 BSA Racing
- Nankang AS-1 165/55-14
- 35mm lower Apex front and rear springs
- GTi sway bar
- Turbinetech underbody brace
- Ultra Racing upper strut bar

0-100kph: unknown seconds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:01 am 

Just for grins I wrapped my headers with COOL IT Thermo Tec- Exhaust Insulating Wrap (fiber tape). I painted it with Silver 2000 deg. paint. The paint is pealing at the block. There are pics in my album. It's a retro Hot Rod look, eh.

Have to let us know what the header does for you, Peenutzz. I'll check out the cam.

So, BiggJames, if you Spring Break or Winter near Miramar, Florida you could pick up the suzukird parts and be sure of getting quality? It's maybe 925 miles south of you, 4 tanks of gas RT. Call first. Yes, my header wasn't perfect but it's "racing" and I wrapped it anyway. Actually, the muffler shop install came loose and it cost me another $50 US to get it rewelded and braced better. Can't trust anyone, eh.

Let's not forget that if Peenutzz took out the sound system who knows? 13,1 for 0-100kph? Being facetious. Personally, I need to loose 9 kg plus my Geo would be faster without the rear seat(car), passenger seat, frame brace, sound system, some tools and spare tire. New wheel bearings can reduce friction also. More suggestions...

'91 Metro, rescued from trip to junk yard. SuzukiRD Underpulley & Header. 3Tech 9mm plug wires & 218/350 cam +10 gear, Bosch Plat. +4s, FlameThrowerII, synthetic fluids. K&N, Optima, Catco, Jones glasspack, & KYB struts. Vortekx Generators, Air dam, 7mm ground system, Ram Air. No TBI bridge. No A/C - roof scoop works.
'96 Metro - The Wife's car: SuzukiRD Underpulley, 3Tech econo cam +10 gear, K&N, KYB, Bosch, Syn. & grounded. No TBI bridge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:19 pm 

Here are the mods that i had done to mine before i boosted it...

3Tech Head/Cam Package (Ported and Polished), 218/350 cam
3Tech +10 timing gear
SuzukiRD Header
SuzukiRD UD Pulley (single belt)
Custom "ram air" intake
2inch header back exhaust, no cat, chambered muffler
Removed TBI bridge
Advanced timing a bit

With this i got a best 0-60mph time of 11.3 seconds. This was on a 45* night.

It ran an 18.3 @ 71.8mph, that was with only 150psi per cylinder. I think had i been at the correct 180+ I could have gotten an 18.0. It was also about 70*F that night. Had it been colder the car would have benefited from the ram air more.

Here is a vid of a 0-60. This one is only 12 seconds due to me short shifting 2nd gear by 7mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdvkovQdSEc

2014 BRZ Limited in WRB - The car payment