TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 am 

ok hello guy i have a 94ssgti everything is pretty good on it for now.i just changed the oil and oil filter , air filter , gas filter , and spark plugs are good also .. now i have this problem mayb u guys can help me out please... ok when say im on first gear and take off normaly and give a lil more gas to take off a lil more quickly when i do it doesnt responde quickly it takes like 1 or 2 seconds before it actually responds , this also happens when the car is cold and i start it up and try to drive it off also it doesnt respond well at all when its cold.. do u guys know what can be the problem please help me out thank you very much

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:27 am 

could be a sticky throttle body cable, or the butterfly on the tb could be gunked up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 pm 

Could also be gunked up injectors. Got good clean gas in there? A friend of mine bought a GT from a sketchy guy in a trailer park once, and he put mixed gas into it, and it ran like *crap* until he filled it up with good gas. Would run, and would rev, but only at like 1/4 throttle... anything more and it would sputter and cough like a misfire.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:56 pm 

thankks for that info im going to go check that stuff out see if everything is ok but thanks for the info on where to look for ... will tell later what was going on thanks again.

btw the gas should b good i put good gas all the time so on that im sure it should b okay .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:33 pm 

Check for Codes

She's Finally Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFFRkiWT4Y