TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:13 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 3400 v6 swap?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:46 pm 

rmprob wrote:
Just for fun, here is a link to a 625hp one, if you like you can call hot rod magazine out as well.
http://hotrod.automotive.com/77265/hrdp ... index.html

Look i'm just wanting to find out for sure if your buddy really has what you claim i'm on the Q4 forums and turboquad has a 556whp quad ga he has the highest that we know of for 2.3 and as for the Sunfire its a fake its been all over the

J-body.org & Quad4forums.com and yet there is no proof of numbers for the car. so there for i'm just really trying to seek out the facts of the so claimed (500hp quad) cause if there is such a thing than i sure would like to show and tell the boys over at the Q4 forums!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 am 

His is a very well built boosted quad-4. I know it has been bored and stroked. His head was gone through by Mike Chapman, If you know Mopar, you have heard of this guy, And his cams are custom grinds that are pretty wicked. This rail definatly gets with it. I know he put it on bully-dogs dyno as they are about a mile from our shop. I personally have not seen the slips, but this guy has been building race cars for years. I personally have no reason to doubt him. All I can vouch for is that lifting the front in 4th is not a problem! He has way too much money into it for my budget, but that's what he wanted so.... I personally am rounding up my parts and combining it with his left-over goodies for my build. I am only looking for 250ish out of mine as I want to be able to drive the thing on the street!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 pm 

rmprob wrote:
His is a very well built boosted quad-4. I know it has been bored and stroked. His head was gone through by Mike Chapman, If you know Mopar, you have heard of this guy, And his cams are custom grinds that are pretty wicked. This rail definatly gets with it. I know he put it on bully-dogs dyno as they are about a mile from our shop. I personally have not seen the slips, but this guy has been building race cars for years. I personally have no reason to doubt him. All I can vouch for is that lifting the front in 4th is not a problem! He has way too much money into it for my budget, but that's what he wanted so.... I personally am rounding up my parts and combining it with his left-over goodies for my build. I am only looking for 250ish out of mine as I want to be able to drive the thing on the street!

should be easy 250hp and as for the sunfire not true till its proved by slips. As for
rmprob wrote:
And his cams are custom grinds that are pretty wicked.
What would the lift and deration on these cams be? and what is your idea of wicked cam profile?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 pm 

bump

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:21 pm 

Dude, you acting like a prick isn't going to get you any help at all on this site.

Putting a 3400 in a Metro would be pointless. Why not just do a GTI swap, boost it, and make more power than the 3400 would have been able to, without having to get all custom parts made.

There is no way in hell that a 3400 and a 282 would fit in any Metro without MAJOR modifications.

Bringing up j-body.org is hilarious, that place is a cluster...k.

Plus, are you even thinking about how much a 3400 weighs? That along with the tranny is at least 400lbs~, comparing that to the 200lbs of a GTI swap.

This isn't a Q4 page, nor is it 60degreev6.com, so what would you want us to help you with this swap? Obviously no one has done it, so what help would we be?

/end rant

2014 BRZ Limited in WRB - The car payment

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:46 am 

Hybridgeo wrote:
Mr.Pipe wrote:
On topic...the Chevy Cobalt SS 5 speed is a pretty strong FWD box, and it's surprisingly narrow too...might be worth a look...maybe the entire powertrain could be worth a look, as it might have more potential than the old school v6 that you're talk'in of using.

the prob with that is your trying to put a 4cyl where a stock 3cyl came from with a v6 you still only have 3cyl's to deal with yes i know its going to bigger but still and as far as the F23 trans its ok but for the strangth i could use my NVG-550 or my M282 from HO Quad 4 cars and with that i belive i also can strech 1st gear to 35mph rather than 30mph and with that i can hopefully keep it pulling outta the whole better if i don't have to change axels i really don't wanna i was just wanting to change motor and maybe find a tranny that would just drop and swap to handel a bit more of the tq that the motor would be makein so if you guys have any ideas on a stout trans for a metro w/o much mods it would help thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 1.3 16V is a four cylinder is it not?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:23 am 

I got it!!!

Try one of these

Attachment:
1125metro2.JPG
1125metro2.JPG [ 72.79 KIB | Viewed 587 times ]
Attachment:
0307sc_175z+Chevrolet_Sprint+Passenger_Side.jpg
0307sc_175z+Chevrolet_Sprint+Passenger_Side.jpg [ 212.29 KIB | Viewed 587 times ]
Attachment:
metro2.jpg
metro2.jpg [ 181.63 KIB | Viewed 587 times ]

Or maybe do this

Attachment:
medium_3045906531_a42ce27860_o.jpg
medium_3045906531_a42ce27860_o.jpg [ 78.79 KIB | Viewed 588 times ]
Attachment:
Yikes.jpg
Yikes.jpg [ 54.2 KIB | Viewed 587 times ]
Attachment:
metro_blower.jpg
metro_blower.jpg [ 53.78 KIB | Viewed 587 times ]

Notice that the 6 and 8 cylinder engines are all rear wheel drive. The 4 cylinders are front wheel drive. Virtually every real performance race car series (other than WRC) is rear wheel drive. There must be a good reason why formula one, Lemans prototype, IRL, Champ/Cart cars, Nascar and NHRA top drag cars are rear wheel drive. The reason would be handling, poor balanced means poor performance, no matter what the horsepower.