TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:00 pm 

Have anyone? how much is max lift for -86 camshaft, and what degrees would be great. I just better than original, more hp, torgue, rpm. HELP

littlebit ported head
basic valve mods
cold air intake
selfmade exh.manifold
1 7/8" exhaust
cat removed
Better ignition coil
8mm silicone ignition wires

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 am 

You might PM http://www.teamswift.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=255; aka Suprf1y and ask him. He is a High performance parts manufacturer/engine builder/machinist/millwright.

'91 Metro, rescued from trip to junk yard. SuzukiRD Underpulley & Header. 3Tech 9mm plug wires & 218/350 cam +10 gear, Bosch Plat. +4s, FlameThrowerII, synthetic fluids. K&N, Optima, Catco, Jones glasspack, & KYB struts. Vortekx Generators, Air dam, 7mm ground system, Ram Air. No TBI bridge. No A/C - roof scoop works.
'96 Metro - The Wife's car: SuzukiRD Underpulley, 3Tech econo cam +10 gear, K&N, KYB, Bosch, Syn. & grounded. No TBI bridge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am 

Hi again. I am going to send my stock camshaft to firm, who makes racing camshafts. They put to stock cam more valve lift, so how much they can put more lift without valve hits to piston? Or how much lift i can use with stock valvee springs?

Hopefully you understand... :oops:
original camshaft is 330/192. So if i grind the base circle smaller i get more lift, how much i can grind the base circle?(still that firm do it not me, but i need some information if cam has some kinda grinding limit ).

littlebit ported head
basic valve mods
cold air intake
selfmade exh.manifold
1 7/8" exhaust
cat removed
Better ignition coil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 am 

Well, I have a 218/350 (350/218) street/race cam and the other grind that 3Tech does is 222/365. But he can do something custom if you want :twisted: . Those numbers should be all over TS. Click on http://www.teamswift.net/search.php?keywords=3tech+cam&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I believe 3Tech/Superf1y charges $200 +shipping for the cam and he will index your cam gear +10 degrees. I believe the cam gear is $25 but his prices may have gone up a little in the past 2 years. So if you are shopping there's a price to compare with.

I love 3Tech's cam gear. I'll cruise along at 55-60 mph (5th gear) and get 55-56 mpg. I can burp the pedal and it gets up to 65 in 3-5 seconds, going with the flow of traffic more or less. But If I want to go fast, I'll drop it into 4th and my rpm gets up to 4K and I can play a little faster. I have great "power" in the 4,500-6,500 range. That's the peak of the HP curve on any G10, but the cam adds more "power." I only hit the rev limiter if I'm in 3rd and have it floored to get up to 70-75 mph fast. Which I like to do on one 7% grade to stay ahead of trucks. :D

'91 Metro, rescued from trip to junk yard. SuzukiRD Underpulley & Header. 3Tech 9mm plug wires & 218/350 cam +10 gear, Bosch Plat. +4s, FlameThrowerII, synthetic fluids. K&N, Optima, Catco, Jones glasspack, & KYB struts. Vortekx Generators, Air dam, 7mm ground system, Ram Air. No TBI bridge. No A/C - roof scoop works.
'96 Metro - The Wife's car: SuzukiRD Underpulley, 3Tech econo cam +10 gear, K&N, KYB, Bosch, Syn. & grounded. No TBI bridge.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:59 am 

thanks, is that 0.365 max lift at G10? or can i put more maybe 0.405???

395/226 is good too in G10?

littlebit ported head
basic valve mods
cold air intake
selfmade exh.manifold
1 7/8" exhaust
cat removed
Better ignition coil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:16 pm 

SA310 wrote:
thanks, is that 0.365 max lift at G10? or can i put more maybe 0.405??? 395/226 is good too in G10?

I truly can not say what the limit is before you get interference.

Here is my 350/218 spec. sheet:
Lift (at the lobe): .350" Duration @ .050": 218 for Intake and exhaust.
Lift (at the valve): .350" Duration @ .050": 218 for Intake and exhaust.

So we can substitute .365" and 222 for those numbers and we know it will work. But since you milled your head that is a different subject. You can mill to .100" and not have interference, that I know. the thickness of the head gasket will add a few mill?

Take a look at this video of a 365/222 cam:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPRMELVZOzM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Posted on geometroforum.com by snowfish

BTW, 3Tech is in Canada and he does ship internationally. A friend in the Netherlands just got his 365/222 cam. :D

Have you considered an air dam? I notice in a pic of SA310 that the front bumper has a lot of ground clearance. My air dam is 7.5 cm. and makes a difference.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm 

ooh. Stupid question, what is air dam? Same as ram-air system?
I have thinked that ram-air, and i have alreaydy changed front grill better flowing. Or second place is those plastic scoops midle of bonnet and windshield. Of course i have to modify little bit.

nice idle, yeah :lol: Is that carb or EFI?

I dont care about idle, but exhaust emissions have to bee allmoust normal. If somebody has exh. emission result with that cam, please show it.

littlebit ported head
basic valve mods
cold air intake
selfmade exh.manifold
1 7/8" exhaust
cat removed
Better ignition coil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm 

OK, I just looked at your album. :lol:
I am not on this forum a lot... forgot about the albums. :thwack:

Air dam is the lip added to the bottom of my front bumper in my album. :lol: It directs the airflow around the wheels and keeps it from under the car. In a word... NASCAR. Well, WRC also. :mrgreen: I also made my bumper's 'lower corners' a little wider - as wide as the tires. My air dam is made from plastic garden edging. Click on: http://geometroforum.com/topic/3982844/1/?x=40

Most of the cars sold in the states are EFI. Mine is, and it sounds the same. :D ...and hydraulic lifters. :roll:

I can't show emissions but when I got my cam and cam gear, 3Tech said he had some people pass emissions with the 350/218. You can lower the NOX by setting the timing at 6 deg. BTDC. We run it up to 10 deg. BTDC to reduce carbon build-up and for a little more power. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm 

Thanks for information. Those pics front grill is still stock. I put that air dam in my mind(how can i say it). Do that 350-365 lift make much difference if duration is same as stock cam? 350/190?
What is duration degrees when calculate starts in real beginning. 0.00" lift, Not 0.50" as you calculate it. And that ignition timing, i use E5(5%ethanol) 98 octane fuel. Does it matter?

littlebit ported head
basic valve mods
cold air intake
selfmade exh.manifold
1 7/8" exhaust
cat removed
Better ignition coil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 pm 

I thought you already had a supplier for the custom camshaft?
Can't he tell you what will work best?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:23 am 

I have a suplier, but he just grinds it how i want it. So i got to know what is best for my engine.

Offtopic: i didn't find gear ratios and final ratio(3.789??)for -86 G10.

littlebit ported head
basic valve mods
cold air intake
selfmade exh.manifold
1 7/8" exhaust
cat removed
Better ignition coil