TeamSwift
http://www.teamswift.net/

MAF and MAP on M15A
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49725
Page 1 of 1

Author:  aditracer [ Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  MAF and MAP on M15A

please, I have some questions ..
on Swift M15A engine there are MAP and MAF sensor, between the two sensors
Which is the greatest influence to determine the flow injector and ignition timing

thnks

Author:  DeTune [ Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

aditracer wrote:
please, I have some questions ..
on Swift M15A engine there are MAP and MAF sensor, between the two sensors
Which is the greatest influence to determine the flow injector and ignition timing

thnks


I heard MAP is a better system but this is just hear say

Author:  aditracer [ Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

DeTune wrote:
aditracer wrote:
please, I have some questions ..
on Swift M15A engine there are MAP and MAF sensor, between the two sensors
Which is the greatest influence to determine the flow injector and ignition timing

thnks


I heard MAP is a better system but this is just hear say


thnks bro,
frankly I am still confused, between the MAF/MAP in M15a.
most aftermarket piggyback, manipulate maf.
I wonder if I manipulation map what would happen?

Author:  gamefoo21 [ Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

MAP systems are better from a performance standpoint, MAF systems are better from an ease of use stand point.

MAP systems are also better from a reliability standpoint as you don't have to worry about dirty sensors and Vacuum leaks won't affect them as badly, as well your standard MAP system is more flexible than a MAF system. MAF's also introduce a choke point in the intake system, they also have a hell of a hard time dealing with air expansion when passing through the rest of the intake system, since they so have to be situated away from the throttle body, so they do tend to have a bit of lag introduced.

In summary...

MAP if you want to get the most out of your engine and don't mind spending time in the tuning software.

MAF if you want something easy and don't mind losing some performance.

Author:  aditracer [ Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

gamefoo21 wrote:
MAP systems are better from a performance standpoint, MAF systems are better from an ease of use stand point.

MAP systems are also better from a reliability standpoint as you don't have to worry about dirty sensors and Vacuum leaks won't affect them as badly, as well your standard MAP system is more flexible than a MAF system. MAF's also introduce a choke point in the intake system, they also have a hell of a hard time dealing with air expansion when passing through the rest of the intake system, since they so have to be situated away from the throttle body, so they do tend to have a bit of lag introduced.

In summary...

MAP if you want to get the most out of your engine and don't mind spending time in the tuning software.

MAF if you want something easy and don't mind losing some performance.


I have attempted to manipulate the MAP at M15a was no change either in the injector and Ignition timing

Author:  gamefoo21 [ Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

That is because you are silly and you are trying to mess with the stock ECU.

The only purpose of the MAP sensor on that engine is to check and see if the EGR is working properly.

Author:  DeTune [ Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

MAP is also better than MAF because it doesn't restrict the intake....

Author:  aditracer [ Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

gamefoo21 wrote:
That is because you are silly and you are trying to mess with the stock ECU.

The only purpose of the MAP sensor on that engine is to check and see if the EGR is working properly.


thanks for the info, so the conclusion determine ign / injector timming on M15a is MAF

Author:  t3 ragtop [ Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

DeTune wrote:
MAP is also better than MAF because it doesn't restrict the intake....


you can only make that claim if the maf system is under designed and the operating parameters of the engine's throughput of air exceeds the flow capabilities of the factory induction system.

both designs have their own benefits and shortcomings. any statements of one being better than the other is purely subjective.

now, if you would have specified vane type air/ fuel (vaf) instead of mass air flow (maf) i would have conceded the point as i absolutely hate those bits' o' crap. :lol:

Author:  victorgarage [ Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

aditracer wrote:
gamefoo21 wrote:
MAP systems are better from a performance standpoint, MAF systems are better from an ease of use stand point.

MAP systems are also better from a reliability standpoint as you don't have to worry about dirty sensors and Vacuum leaks won't affect them as badly, as well your standard MAP system is more flexible than a MAF system. MAF's also introduce a choke point in the intake system, they also have a hell of a hard time dealing with air expansion when passing through the rest of the intake system, since they so have to be situated away from the throttle body, so they do tend to have a bit of lag introduced.

In summary...

MAP if you want to get the most out of your engine and don't mind spending time in the tuning software.

MAF if you want something easy and don't mind losing some performance.


I have attempted to manipulate the MAP at M15a was no change either in the injector and Ignition timing


helooo there
what kind of ecu u using when try to alter the map signal?
from my point of view is....
MAF is for Fuel and Timing
and MAP is only for the EGR or fr detecting any leak on the intake system

Author:  ellpee [ Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: MAF and MAP on M15A

The M15A has both MAP and a combination MAF IAT. Between the MAF and MAP, the primary control system on the M15A is the MAF sensor. The MAP and IAT are used to fine tune the fuel settings. This is evidenced when looking at the behaviour of the ECU under fault conditions.

It is not about what one is best, its about what input has the most impact on the M15A ecu.

How do I know this? I RTFM.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/