TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 am 

PBC137 wrote:
DeTune, from what you are saying would the water injection system set up for a naturally aspirated engine be spraying continuously while the engine is on?

I would imagine it would have to spray in sequence with the injectors.

99 Honda CB600F Hornet
90 Suzuki Swift 1.6 GLX 4WD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 pm 

A vacuum switch is exactly what you need to run water in a n/a engine. I did it on my last car. A hobbs N.C. 2Hg works well.

Toluene is great to run as well, so long as you replace your fuel lines with viton.

May not always be pretty, but Rednecks Git'R'Done Good!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 pm 

PBC137 wrote:
DeTune, from what you are saying would the water injection system set up for a naturally aspirated engine be spraying continuously while the engine is on?

I'm assuming a car with 12+:1 CR would have in some over average cams....Compression lets say below 5000RPM would be low because of the overlap of the cams to suit the high rpm power so detonation at this level would be rare but not impossible.(If you do a compression test on a car with 13:1 compression and big cams you would find that you get a readout of a car with 10:1 compression and stock cams. The test I mean is by removing the spark plugs, open the TB to all and crank the motor) but when the cams start to do their job in the higher rpms the compression will start to go up in which the water/meth would be needed..With a proper EMS you can activate the water/meth with three parameters like rpm, tps and map signal. So its at this level when the octane of the regular pump fuel wouldn't control detonation and the meth in the mixture would come in to help with octane level....Having it activate with three paramters gives more precise control over the water injection
Turbo guys usually use 50/50 mixture where na guys use 30/70 or 40/60 with more meth in the mixture