TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:21 pm 

Amazing! A decade old thread. :shock:

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm 
Suzuki Elder

instant_shine wrote:

and i was there! :ez_pimp:

it's interesting that this showed up about the time i was going through the windshield wiper system on my red vert project car. :-P

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:09 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
instant_shine wrote:

it's interesting that this showed up about the time i was going through the windshield wiper system on my red vert project car. :-P

really?? would you consider doing this mod on the red? =) =)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:14 pm 

My single wiper mod :lol:

• Build Video
  • 1991 4 Door Truck Conversion
  • Modified Suzuki 1.0L Engine
  • High Stall 3200 RPM Converter
  • Auto Trans with Welded Differential
  • Custom Exhaust and Intake System
  • 6" Suspension Lift & Weight Reduction
  • 27" Kenda Executioner 6 Ply ATV tires

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:18 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
instant_shine wrote:

I think i was too, but as a lurker.
Joined after a few months.
My '91 gti was bone stock and i was scared of changing something (performance wise). :lol:

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:08 pm 

i gave up on tunig the oem wiper arms and installed a fiat uno wiper motor on the firewall of my swift
it fits great and just centered on the hole in the center of the car were the two plastic grills are conected
no pics yet
but heres a sample of the wiper motor

Attachments:
motor-do-limpador-parabrisa-uno-premio-elba-fiorino-promoco_MLB-F-224633911_6 (1).jpg
motor-do-limpador-parabrisa-uno-premio-elba-fiorino-promoco_MLB-F-224633911_6 (1).jpg [ 113.43 KIB | Viewed 3079 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 pm 

I had my Nissan Sentra SE-R with one wiper back in 1998. it was the trend back then . At the time i was looking at pulling the motor off a Isuzu impulse of the 80's because that was the only car that i knew that it had one wind shield wiper from the factory.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:48 pm 

here it is, my single wiper conversion
i used the wiper motor form a fiat uno(google it , you´ll find pics of the car :D :D )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:16 pm 

swift1.0 wrote:
i used the wiper motor form a fiat uno(google it , you´ll find pics of the car :D :D )

Hey swift1.0 take let's say 4-5 more pictures of the windshield super in different positions. Far Left, middle, and far right

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 pm 

just changed the wiper arm, from a citroen AX :-P :-P
the wiper motor from a FIAT UNO:

[url=http://s13.photobucket.com/user/1000SWIFT/media/IMG_20131113_102351_zps5a4e381d.jpg.html]Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 am 

Pictures please.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:54 pm 

kel wrote:
Pictures please.

pictures of what??i just removed the oem motor and linkage and installed the FIAT UNO wiper motor, has it is on the pics :D

has you can see, i open up the hole in the center of the oem grill to acomodate the large vein of the FIAT motor, were the wiper arm is attached, and got a nut to hold it on place, no big deal :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 pm 

kel wrote:
swift1.0 wrote:

Hey swift1.0 take let's say 4-5 more pictures of the windshield super in different positions. Far Left, middle, and far right

Let's try this once more. A couple of days ago I asked if you can show the different windshield wiper positions just to see if I sweeps across the whole entire windshield. Meaning you already showed the home position which was far right now let's see how far left the wiper goes. Reason why I ask is hince since you already done this mod it will give me/others a visual of the wiper on both ends to decide if whether or not this mod is to the individuals liking. Some wipers miss just don't sweep fully across. That's the whole reason why I wanting more pics.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:06 pm 

kel wrote:
kel wrote:
swift1.0 wrote:

Let's try this once more. A couple of days ago I asked if you can show the different windshield wiper positions just to see if I sweeps across the whole entire windshield. Meaning you already showed the home position which was far right now let's see how far left the wiper goes. Reason why I ask is hince since you already done this mod it will give me/others a visual of the wiper on both ends to decide if whether or not this mod is to the individuals liking. Some wipers miss just don't sweep fully across. That's the whole reason why I wanting more pics.

the european FIAT UNO /CITROEN AX have from factory a wiper motor that runs the entire windshield from side to side, i i have already posted a sample photo of a FIAT UNO motor,
and yes it works from side to side
hers a pic of a FIAT UNO, you can see the dust on the mirror were the wiper doesn´t clean....................
it´s not worth so much trouble to upload pics and mounting a thing on the car if it´s useless, and yes the wiper it´s a 100% effective and, it works perfectly. i just used something that has been proven to work on other cars, like FIAT, and adapted it on my swift :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
and i forgot to take pics when i was doing it, my mistake, because it was dark ........ :oops: :oops: :? :?

Attachments:
fiat_tipo_1_9_ds_dgt_img_6521.jpg
fiat_tipo_1_9_ds_dgt_img_6521.jpg [ 111.7 KIB | Viewed 3011 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 am 

next time i drove the car,i´ll try to remember and take some pics on the wiper running :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:08 pm 

So the fiat car is the same as swift car windshield dimensions? The new wiper motor from the fiat gets installed in the location as the oem on my geo metro? Fiat compared to swifts, geo metros are universal when it comes to this mod? I just don't want this mod to be floppy and ineffective wiping the windshield. Sorry for being stubborn I guess or just relentless about. Thanks for the response on this mod on pointing people in direction that makes it easy from finish to end

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm 

kel wrote:
So the fiat car is the same as swift car windshield dimensions? The new wiper motor from the fiat gets installed in the location as the oem on my geo metro? Fiat compared to swifts, geo metros are universal when it comes to this mod? I just don't want this mod to be floppy and ineffective wiping the windshield. Sorry for being stubborn I guess or just relentless about. Thanks for the response on this mod on pointing people in direction that makes it easy from finish to end

i´m glad to help on something i just discovered myself and gave me and a friend of mine, lots of work
take a look at my pics
now open the hood on your car , and remove the grill in the glass and wiper arms, compare the oem swift wiper motor with the fiat motor shown above on the pics
i just installed the FIAT on the swift firewall, and in the place were the center clip holds the grill, the clip hole needs to be enlarged, look carefully at my pics :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:59 pm 

Will look back on this for reference with out a doubt. Haven't been able to do much lately. Fighting off a horrible flu symptoms plus strep throat. Heavy medicated. When I get back going after my minor set back ill get this mod on the roll.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:32 pm 

Ordering the motor for the wiper today