TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Texas
Hi All! :|
I see these glass headlights for sale on Ebay for too much money. Guy says these fit a STOCK Metro. No need to change hood or bumper like some other glass ones sold. Does anyone know ANYTHING about these?? What are they off of? Aftermarket? Off of some variant of Swift/Suzuki/Metro whatever ??? He mentions Australia ..WOuld like to replace these u-gly square sealed beams.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Geo-Metr ... ccessories

Thanx.
Ras :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 3130
Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
they did make them aftermarket swift ones i know not sure for the smaller ones tho
just so you know
the geo metro sedan is the same hood as the swift, it uses the bigger headlights
i have OEM suzuki glass headlights in my swift which i got overseas.
they did make the smaller headlights for the solid hood geos without the grill
just make sure they're not from australia since the beam will point the wrong way
they're RHD down there.
-amer

_________________
93 Swift GT White 3Tech cams, Sandro's chip, Lightned flywheel, Genie exhaust, Cultus header, Intrax springs.
08 Civic Wife's car


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 26
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Why don't you ask him...he's on the site...screen name"METRO-MIKE"

He has sold a few...as a matter of fact they are OEM. They never offered them in the US, so its kind of hard to get them, which is why he sells them for so much. And he is the only one selling them in the US, that I know. If its too much or your worried about them shining differently then the US models bla bla bla, then don't buy them.

I bought a pair from him, through this website, for a better deal off ebay...you should PM him if your interested. You should also do a search.

.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:01 am
Posts: 116
Location: california
I pm him about a better deal and he said 165$ like on ebay..........still kind of high


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 26
Location: Las Vegas, NV
rasdebol wrote:
Hi All! :|
I see these glass headlights for sale on Ebay for too much money. Guy says these fit a STOCK Metro. No need to change hood or bumper like some other glass ones sold. Does anyone know ANYTHING about these?? What are they off of? Aftermarket? Off of some variant of Swift/Suzuki/Metro whatever ??? He mentions Australia ..WOuld like to replace these u-gly square sealed beams.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Geo-Metr ... ccessories

Thanx.
Ras :roll:


Do you have the sedan or the 5 door? I'm assuming you have the 5 door since you have the square lights. Another way around the glass headlights would be to get the lights off a Sprint or Firefly. Metro's had em too. They are not glass but they can replace the square headlights. Or do a Swift conversion with hood, upper bumper piece, and headlights. If you can find that stuff without exceeding the price for the glass headlights. You would also have to paint that stuff too. All things you have to consider. So now you have to ask yourself is that price really too much for the headlights. I think it's reasonable. Unless you score some in a junkyard somewhere.

The glass headlights came on the Suzuki Cultus or Holden Barina. Swift's came with glass headlights too in other countries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:15 am 
Offline
Teamswift Racer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:56 am
Posts: 2329
Location: Christchurch NZ, quake capital
cal swift wrote:
I pm him about a better deal and he said 165$ like on ebay..........still kind of high


Are you serious??? these cost a fortune new and they are not even available in the States, sorry but $165 is a bargain, it would cost me at least $65 to post you some from New Zealand then you have the cost of finding and buying the lights.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:51 am 
Offline
The Smuggler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:34 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Surrey, BC CANADA
cal swift wrote:
I pm him about a better deal and he said 165$ like on ebay..........still kind of high


$165 for them plus the corners are a deal, you fly to new zealand and by them or even ship them you can double that.

Metromike has them on his Mk2 hatchback, they fit awesome and are way better than the plastic composites.
if you have the black housing with the sealed beam these will look far nicer on your car.

plus they use H4 bulbs and you will get far greater light out of them than a stock sealed beam.

quit whining about the price its a decent deal for what they are and how very rare they are in north america.

_________________
"I love the whine of a turbo in the mornin" 1991 Sprint Turbo
"I also love the 7500 rpm scream of a DOHC" :razz: 2X 1989 Swift GTi's a 92 and Jr's new 93 GT

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:10 am 
Offline
The Smuggler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:34 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Surrey, BC CANADA
This is what they will look like, this is metromikes car with over 300,000 miles on it.


Attachments:
File comment: GEO glass lights clear corners rare
meet7-08008.jpg
meet7-08008.jpg [ 324.34 KIB | Viewed 3300 times ]

_________________
"I love the whine of a turbo in the mornin" 1991 Sprint Turbo
"I also love the 7500 rpm scream of a DOHC" :razz: 2X 1989 Swift GTi's a 92 and Jr's new 93 GT

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Posts: 219
Location: SEATTLE,WA
For those that think that I'm selling these glass headlights for too much, here why. The glass headlights are $110.00 each, the GOOD, NEW Quailty clear sidemarker lights I bought are almost $50.00 each. True, those dollars I spent there were NZ dollars, but if you figure in the exchange rate it still comes out above $220.00. Then you can figure in whatever kind of shipping you can find, and you will still have more money into them I do. I was able to save on shipping for this, ONCE of a time buy. I will not be selling these again. I actually thought these headlight would sell for more money than they have. I have 2 sets left and when they are sold, you will not see anyone selling these for less than $250.00+ shipping. Actually the first few sets I sold on Ebay, I lost money on the deal because of the stupid fee's they take off the selling price. Which is why I have raised the price, and when there is only 1 set left, the price will go up again.
If anyone wants the name of the company in New Zealand I'll be happy to give it to them, it's Braxton Lights, in Christchurch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Texas
WOW! Thanx for all the response..... :sunny:
I think I failed to properly communicate my reason for the question....
While I do think that $100-$200+ IS a lot of money for some headlights off of 20+ year old cars I was mainly wondering WHERE such glass headlights came from? Some other Geo or some different brand altogether?? Seems like the Ebay ones are actually aftermarket and probably do need to be that high for what Mike (I believe you, I believe you) can get them for but for we mere working-stiff mortals $200 bucks is not pocket change... :thwack:
Yes, changing hoods, grills etc is expensive and way too much trouble. My car is a 1992 XFI 2 (3?) door with the standard square sealed beams. Nothing wrong with them, they work just fine. Would like to use the H4 bulbs instead but as I only paid $300 for the car how much should I blow on 2 headlights?? Seems like all plastic ones eventually turn to foggy crap and glass ones are pricey and hard to find....I'm just looking to end up with a nice looking, well running Metro for daily use, not a show car so I'll keep looking for something I can afford to do...Appreciate any links or such if any one knows of any.... Thanks Again for all the response. :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Posts: 219
Location: SEATTLE,WA
The headlights I'm selling are not aftermarket, they are Used JDM off a Suzuki Cultus. Because New Zealand imports these cars new & used I found out by accident that on a certain model Cultus I found in a dismantler (junkyard), that the headlight fit my 93 Metro perfectly. I happened to be able to find a company,(Braxton) that collect and sells new/used parts for body shops down there and I bought out the entire collections for the North/South Island.
Until I brought these back to the states and sold them, no one knew there were glass headlights that fit the Metro without doing the Swift hood, grill exchange. Good Luck with your search....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:17 pm 
Offline
Teamswift Racer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:56 am
Posts: 2329
Location: Christchurch NZ, quake capital
The other thing is these headlights are not very common in NZ as they only came on imported cultus's and NZ new swifts from about 95+ onwards, of which not many were actually sold, the earlier type with the grill are far more common as there were plenty of them sold here from 89-94ish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:27 pm
Posts: 791
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Another reason they are not that common here is that Mike bought the entire nation's stock :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 26
Location: Las Vegas, NV
"Mike-408" (on ebay) and "Metro-Mike" (on this site) are the same person...HELLO?!?!...I said he's on this site. :WTF: :screwball:

Tell you what...find some plastic ones and when they fade, just polish em up so they wont look faded. That would be my option if I were on a budget...I hate those square sealed headlights. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Texas
jj702s1 - I GET it! Metro-Mike is here ! So what? The guy already said he lost money at the lower price and will raise the price even more.... Didn't think I should PM him for a bargain price.....I don't expect the guy to take a loss for me.....The question was answered by him as to where these glass headlights came from...He deserves to get his money from these.... Guess I need to find a Cultus to strip lights from or just be happy with dem ole' square sealed beams... Thanx All! :sunny:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 26
Location: Las Vegas, NV
rasdebol wrote:
So what?

I'm not telling you what to do. In fact, I gave you different options. Because that is what a forum is all about...getting and sharing answers for discussion. Don't buy them, I don't care what you do. We all answered your questions that you failed to do research on.

"YOU" said... " Seems like the Ebay ones are actually aftermarket and probably do need to be that high for what Mike can get them for". Well the ebay ones are the lights that "Mike" is selling because "Mike" put them on "ebay"...get it? Those are his lights. Your post made it seem that you did not know that they were the same person. I clearly elaborated on your post. And from what you wrote, I guess you didn't. Also, my point being was, if you were to purchased the lights through him on this site you would actually save money because it would be off of ebay. Him being on this site has lot of significance and importance to your question. Obviously you didn't get it before...So that is... "WHAT". And most importantly why this all matters for you.

I'm not trying to start something with you, don't take it the wrong way. But be clear that what you say can and will be used against you, on this forum. Think about what you post, before you post, or someone might take it the wrong way. It's easy to get things twisted and then an argument happens...I'm just saying. I'm going off your move. You determine the outcome. It could be nice or it could be ugly. It's up to you. Anyways, take it however you want. Have a nice day and good luck with your choices.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:54 am
Posts: 32
Location: Seattle WA
I bought a set from Mike. In my opinion it was money well spent. I have brighter lights now and the car looks completly different.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:43 pm
Posts: 183
Location: mn
dont buy.
not worth it.

_________________
the looks i get......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 3130
Location: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
xcoreyishoodx wrote:
dont buy.
not worth it.


i beg to differ, i've had them on my car for almost 2 years and if you do any country driving, they make a huge difference, i got mine from a scappers overseas when i was on vacation, they're oem, the aftermarket glass ones are not the nicest, they do not line up perfectly with the hood

_________________
93 Swift GT White 3Tech cams, Sandro's chip, Lightned flywheel, Genie exhaust, Cultus header, Intrax springs.
08 Civic Wife's car


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am 
Offline
The Smuggler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:34 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Surrey, BC CANADA
xcoreyishoodx wrote:
dont buy.
not worth it.


I have personally seen these on Metromikes car, and bought glass ones for both my GTi's

going from the scratched faded fogged plastic units to glass, is a definate improvement.

writing a comment like that when you probably have no clue what the difference is is wrong.

_________________
"I love the whine of a turbo in the mornin" 1991 Sprint Turbo
"I also love the 7500 rpm scream of a DOHC" :razz: 2X 1989 Swift GTi's a 92 and Jr's new 93 GT

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:43 pm
Posts: 183
Location: mn
well yeah, they are nice, but the guy that has them on ebay is not worht anyones money.
they are being sold for much mor then what he is paying for them, and he wont give you his source.

he is paying pennies to your dollar.

_________________
the looks i get......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 am
Posts: 26
Location: Las Vegas, NV
xcoreyishoodx wrote:
well yeah, they are nice, but the guy that has them on ebay is not worht anyones money.
they are being sold for much mor then what he is paying for them, and he wont give you his source.

he is paying pennies to your dollar.


Wow...I'm guessing you don't own a pair. Or know the rarity of the glass headlights in the U.S.. Yea, I don't doubt he made some money off the headlights. But...so what. You can't knock someone for trying to turn a profit. Because let's face it...anyone in their right mind would do the same if they knew what they had. And as a matter of fact all of his headlights have sold. With not one complaint. How would you know how much he paid for them? Tell me, because I am dying to know what "you" think you know. Even if he gave you the source...you wouldn't know what to do with it. I bet you never even asked him.

All I'm saying is...watch what you say. Your comments are wrong, to say the least. And I say this because...you obviously have no idea what your talking about. You never even explained why it's not worth it. Please enlighten us all. Or not. It's up to you. Anyways, stop hating.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Posts: 219
Location: SEATTLE,WA
Actually, I have given you my source. I already said I bought these in New Zealand, from a company called Braxton. Look them up, call them up, and buy your own glass headlights and have them shipped to yourself. Let me know how much you save.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I bought a pair from Metro-Mike and I wouldn't part with the lights for anything less than $200.00 plus shipping and insurance. They are quite unique.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:23 am
Posts: 26
Location: New York City
metro mike do you have anymore headlights? i need an after market clear glass passenger side headlight for a 1991 suzuki swift gt? does anyone know any websites i can buy these from? any information would help. I attached a pic of the headlights and what they look like! thanks!


Attachments:
Picture629.jpg
Picture629.jpg [ 119.54 KIB | Viewed 4861 times ]

_________________
I live in my own little world, it's ok they know me there ...
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group