TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:41 pm 
@ssclown

tecnopolis wrote:
How did you rewire the stock Geo metro headlamps to the euro H4s?

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52135

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 pm 

I already have the glass lamps and the clear turns as well as the Bi-zenon HID lamp kit. my problem is that the original lamp bulb connectors had been cut off and the are just wires with the brass plugs on the end. I need to know in which order the red/white white/red, etc, wires should be connected to the H4 input of the HID kit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:21 pm 

tecnopolis wrote:
How did you rewire the stock Geo metro headlamps to the euro H4s?

I posted a link for the 'how to rewire the headlamps' on January 11th, above.
For those who don't wish to go back and read the post, here's the link again:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50571

When you buy a set of glass headlamps, they usually come with those adapters.
You can either solder them into the OEM wiring, or cut the old OEM plug and solder in the new adapter.
Alternatively, you can rig up some sort of relay system of your personal choosing.

I highly suggest you go back and read my post and the link which I've repeated.
The pictures should explain it clearly.

Let us know if you get lost.

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 am 

I re-read both posts that were linked and I can't seem to find a clear answer. So I need to know on what terminal do I place the red/white wire? Left, Right or top of the h4 plug? The white/red wire? On the right, left or top? The red/black wire, on the right, left or top position of the h4 plug? Remember I had that funny shaped h4 like plug that had a slant to it in my 94 metro. It didn't come with those oblong connectors (9003?) the areo lamps came with. I had the little square sealed beams on my metro. As I mentioned before the original wiring ends were cut off so all I have are the wires loose.
I have already changed out my entire turn signal/headlamp switch on the column a few months back with a working part. The stock lamps worked fine, just want to upgrade the glass lamps to h4 HID's. So if someone can show me a photo of the wires at the headlamp I'll be set.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:14 am 

tecnopolis wrote:
I re-read both posts that were linked and I can't seem to find a clear answer. So I need to know on what terminal do I place the red/white wire? Left, Right or top of the h4 plug? The white/red wire? On the right, left or top? The red/black wire, on the right, left or top position of the h4 plug? Remember I had that funny shaped h4 like plug that had a slant to it in my 94 metro. It didn't come with those oblong connectors (9003?) the areo lamps came with. I had the little square sealed beams on my metro. As I mentioned before the original wiring ends were cut off so all I have are the wires loose.
I have already changed out my entire turn signal/headlamp switch on the column a few months back with a working part. The stock lamps worked fine, just want to upgrade the glass lamps to h4 HID's. So if someone can show me a photo of the wires at the headlamp I'll be set.

I've looked through the posts mentioned and the answer is crystal clear.
You're all set.

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:37 pm 

Good part # for the Metro head lamps?

'94 Metro LSi 'Green Machine'
'94 RHD (Totaled)
Vail, AZ

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i've tried running down the good numbers for the cultus lights but every source keeps using the part number for the sf413 chassis and the swift type glass headlight assembly, lhd, from depo.

here's the depo part number for the glass swift headlights - Depo E Code Glass Headlights…….218-1106R(ight) or L(eft)-LD-E

in those numbers you can see ld for left drive and the e which stands for the european e-code rating

the cultus headlights that you are looking for will have an rd for right drive in the part number. that's about the only clues i can give you until i haul the blue vert out of storage in the spring. we're still snowed in from the last alberta clipper. :-P

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 am 

t3 ragtop wrote:
i've tried running down the good numbers for the cultus lights but every source keeps using the part number for the sf413 chassis and the swift type glass headlight assembly, lhd, from depo.

here's the depo part number for the glass swift headlights - Depo E Code Glass Headlights…….218-1106R(ight) or L(eft)-LD-E

in those numbers you can see ld for left drive and the e which stands for the european e-code rating

the cultus headlights that you are looking for will have an rd for right drive in the part number. that's about the only clues i can give you until i haul the blue vert out of storage in the spring. we're still snowed in from the last alberta clipper. :-P

Thanks Rich.

Metro-Mike, any help???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 pm 

Here's the story.... 90% of Swift Mk2/3 headlights will not fit a Metro as the hood is different.
However late model JDM Swifts (about 97+) were kind of redesigned. They did away with the grill and had a flush fit hood. These cars had different lights which fit a Metro perfectly. They are the ones Metro Mike sold. He got them here in NZ as we import bootloads of Japanese used cars (one benefit of the driving on the LHS of the road). They are the lights you Metro guys need.
I think I have a photo somewhere... I'll post it up when I find it or take a new one today if possible...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 pm 

nzswift wrote:
Here's the story.... 90% of Swift Mk2/3 headlights will not fit a Metro as the hood is different.
However late model JDM Swifts (about 97+) were kind of redesigned. They did away with the grill and had a flush fit hood. These cars had different lights which fit a Metro perfectly. They are the ones Metro Mike sold. He got them here in NZ as we import bootloads of Japanese used cars (one benefit of the driving on the LHS of the road). They are the lights you Metro guys need.
I think I have a photo somewhere... I'll post it up when I find it or take a new one today if possible...

Have a photo of Mike's car with them. Totally changes the look of the car. I am not a fan of the recessed bucket lights, but they put out better light than the plastic composite housings do. Just need the part number(s) for the Metro-friendly assemblies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 am 

Well here is the Swift model you want.....
And below is my 91 Swift.... Sorry for the crap under the plastic protectors...

Attachments:
nogrill.jpg
nogrill.jpg [ 75.27 KIB | Viewed 2192 times ]
grill.jpg
grill.jpg [ 79.7 KIB | Viewed 2192 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 am 

I can probably give you the Suzuki part numbers but I'll bet you won't be able to get them from a Suzuki dealer in the US!!! Think Metro Mike would have investigated that...
Won't be tomorrow as my life is in a mess visiting my father in hospital and caring for my equally aged mother and doing my day job. Not a lot of time to call or visit the local Suzuki dealer...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 am 
Suzuki Elder

glass metro headlights:

glass swift headlights:

be advised that the cultus headlights that fit the metro are jdm right hand drive units and the lens design will have a beam cut off and side flare that will require adjustment and an additional vinyl blocking overlay to keep glare off of oncoming traffic in a left hand drive country.

the swift glass composite headlights i use are a european e-code type for left hand drive applications and they don't require any modifications to safely use them in the usa.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
be advised that the cultus headlights that fit the metro are jdm right hand drive units and the lens design will have a beam cut off and side flare that will require adjustment and an additional vinyl blocking overlay to keep glare off of oncoming traffic in a left hand drive country.

the swift glass composite headlights i use are a european e-code type for left hand drive applications and they don't require any modifications to safely use them in the usa.

Yeah, have read about the cut off beam issue a few times. If only I could find a Swift hood and upper bumper piece, I would be set.