TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 am 

Ok, this is supposed to be a plug & play setup, but I've encountered a problem. The Headlamps in my Metro are 9007 bulbs, which are three-prong plugs/sockets. The kit that I bought comes with 2 new Xenon HID bulbs, A ballast with a female 9006-style receiver. The wires coming from the 9006 male plug, which plugs directly into the ballast are a red wire and a black wire (My assumption is Ground=Black and Positive or Headlamp Trigger wire=Red). Then there is a female 9007 receiver which is designed to receive the two wires from the 9006 male harness and piggy back it onto the stock 9007 Male plug. The center wire is hot all the time and the other two I assume are the high/low beam triggers. I consulted my Chilton's Manual and determined which was the Low Beam wire and plugged the res into that then grounded the black wire. The darn lights still don't work, I'm sure I hooked everything up properly. I don't understand why I got a single element 9007-style Xenon bulb and a hook-up that only has two wires instead of the original three. If there is any tutorial on how to do this or if someone could possibly create one, it would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:28 pm 
Suzuki Elder

most of those hid kits are only a single lamp, no high beam, unless you specifically order a hi/ lo kit.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:22 pm 

Really ? I thought they were 9003/H4 ... I just bought a ceramic headlight plug for mine as the old ones melted and I was just running female blade connectors on the contacts. BTW I'm running with a headlight relay mod and 90/160s .

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:47 am 

t3 ragtop wrote:
most of those hid kits are only a single lamp, no high beam, unless you specifically order a hi/ lo kit.

Great. I didn't know that, thanks for that info bro! I almost waste my money to bought a wrong Chevy parts light kit.