TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: custom body kits
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 am 

I'm buying a 1991 Suzuki sedan. and one of the things I'm going to do to it is the exterior, I was wondering if its better(in the long run) to just make you're own kits with fibreglass and moulds, or to add fibreglass parts to you're stock bumper(if that's possible) not really sure.

I'm ok with fibreglass and I know how to do this I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the subject or know of any other ways to do this other then just buying a kit off the Internet.

Post subject: Re: custom body kits
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm 

If you're okay with fibreglass, make some eyelids for the front headlight please? You'll make a bunch of money off us here. :lol:

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:33 am 

Im makin fiberglass fender flairs and front and rear bumpers for my swift without any kit from the internet. mostly because there are a couple out there but they are ugly and expencive. Plus one off body kits look sweet and nobody else will have one that looks the same. you can get a crx body kit and make it fit but then there are six guys down the street with the same one. keep us posted on what you decide.

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:51 am 

i a, actually thinkin about sellin some eyelids if i make some :P and yeah thats the issue i have. i dont want my car to be the same as everyone elses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:57 am 

Don't worry, our cars are not priuses. :wink:

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:13 am 

I am working very hard on a foam kit that will give a 1991 Vert' a Corvette C5 look. the rear tail secton is in the design phase and the front nose section is almost complete and ready to install. all pieces will be attached via "special" custom adhesive (Tightbond, Home Depot, lol) I have done several drawings and computer generations and I am very confident that when I am finished, it will be a true one of a kind! and to add to the fun, the motor was stroked to about 115HP! NOTE!!! I am in the lookout for a transmission company that is willing to attempt to take a NEW Torque Converter from me and built it up to a lockout Converter. I have never seen one done but read where a California man did one back many years ago and found it to run the car out to over 100 MPH and gave it over 50 MPG! Thanks
Patrick
theclevelandstar@gmail.com

and p.s... I have several 91' verts that are for parts. anyone needing something, just email me and we can make a deal...

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:45 pm 

EngineWhisperer wrote:
Im makin fiberglass fender flairs and front and rear bumpers for my swift without any kit from the internet. mostly because there are a couple out there but they are ugly and expencive. Plus one off body kits look sweet and nobody else will have one that looks the same. you can get a crx body kit and make it fit but then there are six guys down the street with the same one. keep us posted on what you decide.

What year crx?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:50 pm 

Any progress on these kits?