TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:41 am 

Hey guys recently i found myself needing to do an upgrade to my Geo's cluster and well i did.. and it looks mighty Fine!!! If you are serious about getting this done PM me or leave me a message in here, If you want Information how to do this properly yourself don't hesitate to ask, Those are also not the factory Bulbs they are LED's. Thanks Guys!! I am Based in Pennsylvania. If you do want my services we will discuss a price at the time the matter occurs.

NOTE: I did not mess up the White Faces in the pictures Below the x1000 RPM was for some reason replaced and moved up with Unleaded Fuel Only by the people who created White face gauges... I still am Unsure why but the faces are otherwise perfect, Thanks. My geo's cluster does not have this so if yours does rest assure it will be perfect. I will also offer Needle painting services

White Face Gauges Install:

Lighting After Installation In the Day-Light:

Lighting at Night While Driving:

---------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:10 pm 

This is really nice, I live 20mins from pittsbrugh are u anywhere close ??

But I have a couple of questions, how hard is it to change thos LEDs behid the dash ??? Cuz Id really like to change them to red with your white Gage's
Do u already have Gageclusters?? If not I can pick them up

Is it possible to get the Gage's you have in your car .i have a 2000metro lis an it don't a rpm gage...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 pm 

I live in Downingtown Pennsylvania, and I do not have any clusters for sale and the white gauges i have are available at whitegauges.net, The leds in the back are very easy to do once you got the cluster out.. anybody can do it.. Needle painting and white gauges however take much patience which is why im offering the service because im a very patient person, in order for you to get a tacometer you would need to buy another cluster off ebay or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 pm 
Suzuki Elder

my stock gauge cluster with red led backlighting.

pulling the cluster, cleaning, replacing the bulbs, and re-installing the cluster takes under an hour. you have to check each led to make sure you have the polarity right so they light up which means that you might have to plug them in twice to get them right.

also, a heads up for you - you have to use inverted lens leds (vs. the typical domed, focused leds) as there are lucite light spreaders surrounding the lamps that carry the light to the numerals and pointers. the focused beam leds do not function well.

you'll need 194 style lamps for the face and pointer illumination and 74 style for the annunciator lamps. don't waste your time trying to use leds for the high beam and turn indicator lamp positions. incandecent bulbs work best in those spots as the blue and green filters require very bright lighting.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:15 am 

Great work, it looks brilliant :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 am 

I only use LEDS for the big Bulbs... Work way better than stock ones 360 Leds brightness can't be matched, Also Bulbs r easy... White faces take some practice.