TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Metro Needs Parts!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:37 pm 

Hello all, I have a '92 Metro G10 2-door that I've been hunting parts for. A few have eluded me thus far.

1. I installed A/C from the local junkyard about a month ago (because it's hot out there!) and I keep breaking the top compressor bracket bolt. Over tightening of the belt/ bolt? Flaw in the install? I need to upload pictures...

2. I also installed the Swift nose, because I like the look better. Just today I acquired a bumper, but the fog lamp bezels are gone. I checked ebay and spent about an hour perusing this site to no avail. Any help in finding them would be greatly appreciated.

3. I really like the look of the clear corner/glass headlights, but again, cannot find these. I have the Swift marker lamps with the orange reflectors, but I want them completely clear. Is this an actual part or something that Swiftsmiths do at home? My stock plastic lights are okay, but I can't seem to get them polished to that "perfect" level of clarity. I have heard rumors of glass headlights that might be illegal in the States. :twisted: Would that be a New/Old part scenario or....?

4. Is there a way of painting/dying my stock gray door panels to match the black dash I nabbed from the junkyard? (It seems that there aren't any decent ones left around here). I'd rather not go after them with a can of gloss black. Also, I'd be doing a black/blue combination to match the theme of the car.

5. My emergency brake light comes on when I corner roughly. ?

6. Any creative ideas for mounting a rear license plate with out marring my '90 rear bumper or '92 finisher panel? A fabricated bracket of some sort... Methinks.

7.I want the top and mid-hatch wings! (As well as a remote release for the hatch, and power window doo-dads.)

8. I'd also like world peace, a chicken in every pot, a G13 twincam, and a puppy in every backyard. That's all I ask. :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks in advance for any questions/comments/tips/parts/adoration you might have. Will upload pics soon so you can tell me that I should just give up. :wink:

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. 4" lift, Big Tow package, pretty bone stock.

2013 VW Jetta sedan. Wifelady's daily. The baby carrier.

Just remember, sanity is overrated. ;)

-Anthony (They call me Geo around here)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:53 pm 
Island Inbreeder

'92MetroGnome wrote:
have a '92 Metro G10 2-door hunting parts for

1. A/C breaking the top compressor bracket bolt.

2. I also installed the Swift nose, the fog lamp bezels are gone. help in finding them would be greatly appreciated.

3. I really like the look of the clear corner/glass headlights, but again, cannot find these. I have the Swift marker lamps with the orange reflectors, but I want them completely clear. I I have heard rumors of glass headlights that might be illegal in the States.

4. Is there a way of painting/dying my stock gray door panels to match the black dash

5. My emergency brake light comes on when I corner

6. Any creative ideas for mounting a rear license plate with out marring my '90 rear bumper or '92 finisher panel? A fabricated bracket of some sort...

7.I want the top and mid-hatch wings! (As well as a remote release for the hatch, and power window doo-dads.)

8. I'd like world peace, a G13 twincam, in every backyard.:mrgreen::

Welcome to Teamswift
#1 lower bolts loose tighten (Realy)
#2 do a search the board or see "Strider" he hook ya up
#3 again search the board
#4 again (see #3 & #4) peeps have done post about this topic
#5 fill brake fluid reservior
#6 tape it inside the rear window or work it out and make a post with pictures
#7 ya good luck on this or (see #2)
#8 world peace ? What ? were the money in that ? Come on .!
Oh I just got it... That is funnny "World peace"
.......Good one
why not ask ..to feed the children .. or no diseases...Again were's the money in that.?
you might want to rethink the whole #8 again g13 for all ya not such a win win stichuation
.........................jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm 
Suzuki Elder

whirled peas. :lol:

scotty, i think he wants whirled peas. :wink:

seriously, i'm about to pull parts off a gt carcass and it has the fuel door and rear hatch stuff on it. the upper hatch wing and window squirter is on it and the wiper motor and mechanism is there. i also have a new old stock double pump window washer reservoir in the garage. the car also has the fog lights in the front bumper, fog light and rear wiper/ washer switches.

those are all pieces i won't use on my vert project.

the car also has the split rear seats in the 90-91 fabric, gt spoked steering wheel, mk2 combination switch, full set of key alike ignition, door, and hatch locks with a key, blah, blah, blah. :lol:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 am 

Thanks for all the help guys. YES, whirled peas are definitely on the menu now. Darn those lower bolts, I'm going after them with some mild threadlocker this time! Strider and I definitely have to chat... and there will be TONS of board searching tomorrow.

I topped off the brake fluid, it was in the lower third of the reservoir, so all I need to do on that front now is a little drifting. :lol:

Unfortunately, in my state, the rear plate has to be lit. Plus, I don't think that it being in the back window would fly... I guess I could do it and blow past a few cops. :wink:

I think we'll just disregard #8 for the time being... Twas one of the more zany moments during the composition of that plea for help disguised as a post.

Alrighty, T3. I want as many of those GT parts as I can reasonably pay for, with the exception of the rear wiper parts, I figure that I can do without those for the time being. I can always use new door latches (careless passengers), would love the steering wheel, and that rear seat sounds tempting too. I'd have to talk to my upholstery guy... see if it's worth the extra bucks.

The parts I'm honestly most interested in are the fog lights, bezels, and switches. Along with the hatch and fuel door release. I'd buy the wiper parts too, now that I think about it. It would come in handy...

Anyway, thanks again for the tips. Hope to hear back soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm 

PICTURE! It seems the five or six more pics I have are too big (story of my life), I'll have to dumb them down a bit..

Attachments:
File comment: This is my car after getting fixed from a front-end collision, before I started with the upgrades.
my_car[1].jpg
my_car[1].jpg [ 525.59 KIB | Viewed 5153 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:12 pm 

Okay, found smaller versions.

Attachments:
20120822_122916[1].jpg
20120822_122916[1].jpg [ 437.52 KIB | Viewed 5153 times ]
20120822_123009[1].jpg
20120822_123009[1].jpg [ 513.62 KIB | Viewed 5153 times ]
20120822_123136[1].jpg
20120822_123136[1].jpg [ 499.14 KIB | Viewed 5153 times ]
20120822_123230[1].jpg
20120822_123230[1].jpg [ 487.52 KIB | Viewed 5153 times ]
20120822_123605[1].jpg
20120822_123605[1].jpg [ 530.87 KIB | Viewed 5153 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm 
Island Inbreeder

nice I'm Liking it..!
Are those Geo headlight in your geo with the gti hood and valance.?
You'll want to look out....
A major problem with our MK2-3 geo/swift is the hood popping up underway there was even a factory recall
I know shit happens
......jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 pm 
Suzuki Elder

they look like swift headlights to me, scott.

it also looks like either the hood latch needs adjustment or the lower radiator support has bent and pushed the upper radiator support up in the middle.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 am 

Thanks for the feedback! They're Swift headlights. So is the hood, bumper valance and bumper. All off of different donor cars. B-) The story behind this car is that I acquired it after my Dad totalled it into a truck. Most everything forward of the firewall is thus bent. It explains a lot of things...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:13 pm 

pm sent!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 pm 

Hi everyone!!!I was saw the pictures and according to me it also looks like either the hood latch needs adjustment or the lower radiator support has bent and pushed the upper radiator support up in the middle.you should change the part and maintain the car upper body and interior also.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 pm 

'92MetroGnome wrote:
Hello all, I have a '92 Metro G10 2-door that I've been hunting parts for. A few have eluded me thus far.
2. I also installed the Swift nose, because I like the look better. Just today I acquired a bumper, but the fog lamp bezels are gone. I checked ebay and spent about an hour perusing this site to no avail. Any help in finding them would be greatly appreciated.:

Still available from the dealer. $45 each, I can get 'em cheaper though. PM me.

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 am 

For the license plate issue, He made a bracket out of a piece of metal cut to the size of the plate that has a u-shape that attaches to some existing hole underneath the car. We used a trailer plate light to illuminate it.

Darn, my file is too big....but here is a link....

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=43375&start=150

Scroll down and you will see the rear of my car and the plate. I was told its not entirely legal because it is "aftermarket" but it is visible and lit and I have yet to be hassled about it. There s no way I am drilling holes in my GTi bumper. I like the clean look of the 89 and 92 rear end combined.

Photo Album Squishy: From Start to Finish
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/squishycar/
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/squishycar

CUSTOM SHIFT BOOTS: http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/uam ... id=507&p=1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:12 pm 
Suzuki Elder

hi kiddo! i'm glad to see you drop in.

it's almost time to put that fiat up and give squishie some love. :wink:

wait for the winter salt to wash off the roads first. :lol:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 am 

Whew, it has been a roller-coaster since last year. Wrecked the car, rebuilt the car, trashed the transmission... :? I have been armpit-deep in grease too many times to mention. I figured out most of the parts though. I bought a wing, gas door and hatch release, clear-corners, and other goodies from members. Ended up just screwing a bracket to my bumper and using a lighted frame. :mrgreen: I also found some after-market foglamps that fit quite nicely in the existing openings. Wondering what to do next... something crazy most likely...

Oh, and T3, I never found my whirled peas. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 pm 

Old pictures not working :redx: :(

Can we have new ones?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:20 pm 

Just remember, she's a work in progress. :lol:

Attachments:
20130624_150639.jpg
20130624_150639.jpg [ 208.12 KIB | Viewed 3718 times ]
20121130_172504.jpg
20121130_172504.jpg [ 203.57 KIB | Viewed 3718 times ]
20130217_024304.jpg
20130217_024304.jpg [ 195.15 KIB | Viewed 3718 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 pm 

Okay, I'm not quite sure why the wreck picture is upside down... I wrecked the car, gave up on fixing it and dedicated her as a hill-billy mud-mobile, then decided to rebuild her. :mrgreen: I sold my green Geo, and Lil' Bitty is now, once again, my DD.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 pm 

Here is a better pic.

Attachments:
20130827_124410.jpg
20130827_124410.jpg [ 202.5 KIB | Viewed 3638 times ]