TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ion Arm Rest
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm 

I ran across this arm rest at a salvage yard. Checked on EBay it is off a Saturn Ion 2003 - 2005. It is part of the center console but didn’t have time to measure the whole thing. The arm rest section looked like it would fit over the stock Metro console with minimal work. Looking at the images on Ebay there is also a boot for the E-brake that I did get/see.I cut the lip off and filed the front down to fit as flush as possible. Made some braces from aluminum stock with the holes at 6 inch center to center. Haven’t decided how I’m going to secure the front, may just use a big piece of velcro. There is a good size compartment underneath and the top will slide forward. It sets slightly higher that the armrests on the door but feels natural like it’s been there for years. It dose hamper shifting slightly, but getting used to it and well worth the tradeoff. Color is very close and the seats hide the bracing. I have uploaded a series of photos in my album so check them out. If you need any other photos let me know. If anyone finds an extra boot cover I can use let me know.