TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: change of CD Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:19 pm 

Hey there, I've get my swift for more than 2 years and I like listening to the music. But sometimes there is something wrong with the CD Player. So I wanna change it.Guys,any suggestions here?

Post subject: Re: change of CD Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:35 am 

It's time to buy a new SD/USB/AUX radio without CD Player: Lighter, shorter and no CD bumping inside and outside the player =)
I had a Sony Xplod which bumped CD's even under careful acceleration. Later I brought one of these FM transmitters which allowed me to use SD's and USB's. Affortunately, the Sony had Aux jack, so I plugged there the transmitter. Months later, when the Sh--ny started to have trouble with sound quality (Went from bad to really crappy) I bought a Kenwood with SD/USB/AUX ports but no CD and optional OEM remote control (Here in Europe not available for Swifts, I don't know if overseas had this option... Anyway I'm adapting one from a Renault) for 80 Euros (110 CAD). Very good sound (With my OEM speakers + 2 old Pioneer salvaged from a wrecked car), no CD bumping, less weight (1/4 of the Sony!) and a large non-stop music list.
I Hope this helps.
Greetings!