TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:13 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:51 am 

I am trying to eliminated rattles and noises while driving so I'm starting by getting everything fastened down well. I have made some pretty good progress so far on identifying and eliminating several of the noises. I am having trouble identifying one of the most annoying ones.

The sound seems to be coming from right underneath where the left front dash speaker is, it is not the speaker I have pulled it out and looked under it and there is nothing there. It sounds like there someone is holding a thin piece of plastic or an empty chip back in the wind. I have can't find anything loose in that general area, but it is very annoying at high speeds, anyone have any ideas? The hood itself was making noise because the stops were to low, but I have resolved that but screwing them out more, the hinges themselfs have a fair amount of play, but its not making a clunky type noise and I don't think thats it.

My partial shelf rattles up and down and makes an annoying noise in the tracks when I'm driving over bumps has anyone else experienced this? I'm considering getting some of that foam weather stripping with the sticky back and perhaps putting a few pieces down in the channels... Has anyone else solved this issue? What did you do?

I was wondering if anyone knew what part numbers these pieces are or where you can buy them.

The little white pin/clips that hold the door panel to the door and the recievers they go into.

I was thinking this might be the right thing for the pins, but I'm not sure.

I'm also looking for the plastic pins or clips that go between the top plastic strip in the door panel and where it joins the cloth mine are all popped out and its seperated.

I am also looking for a hood release lever, I know I bought one for my old metro, but now I can't find one anywhere... :(

Boxed Rear Control Arms
Super Pro Poly Bushings
Genie Header
Nissan Intake Manifold
2 1/4" Exhaust
Turbine Tech Underbody Brace
Honda CRX Front Brake Calipers