TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:13 pm 

Post them pictures. I want to see all types on installations and retrofits. From oe placement to rally light. Ziptied and ductaped. Many of us are looking and looking but only to come to non working links

8mm silicon wires.

Last edited by BikeAmusPrime on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:16 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_1239.JPG [ 101.52 KIB | Viewed 5092 times ]
I have 4 -15 watt cree led lights in the upper horizontal bumper slot, and a 20 inch 100 watt cree single row led bar in the lower bumper slot.....
Attachment:
IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG [ 90.85 KIB | Viewed 5092 times ]
along with h4 55w hid headlights (4x6 glass lens with amber led angel eyes) 40 watt amber cree clear corners, led front markers and signals,
Attachment:
IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG [ 82.5 KIB | Viewed 5092 times ]
all in the metro.

gti has stock fogs w/ 100 watt bulbs, hid upgrade as well.

3 tech turbo grind cam
3 tech cylinder head/w/port,polish,blend,oversized s/s valves
gti brake swap
89 white gti twincam....need I say more?
92 metro aka ''blue lump of coal''
92 white metro lsi vert
91 blue chevy sprint (gas sipper)

Last edited by blueturbofly on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:41 pm 

Image This is off a Isuzu forward truckImage You need to change to a 12v bulb. And that is not my car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:21 am 

blueturbofly wrote:
Attachment:
IMG_1239.JPG
I have 4 -15 watt cree led lights in the upper horizontal bumper slot, and a 20 inch 100 watt cree single row led bar in the lower bumper slot.....
Attachment:
IMG_1240.JPG
along with h4 55w hid headlights (4x6 glass lens with amber led angel eyes) 40 watt amber cree clear corners, led front markers and signals,
Attachment:
IMG_1241.JPG
all in the metro.

gti has stock fogs w/ 100 watt bulbs, hid upgrade as well.

I was gonna buy some of the large and small led bars. I even thought about countersunk versions to use as reverse lights. I found a 20" one on a craigslist near me for around 100.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:22 am 

RP91gt wrote:
Image This is off a Isuzu forward truckImage You need to change to a 12v bulb. And that is not my car.

There are a couple more lights like that that I thought could work. I think the one im thinking of is off of a isuzu rodeo.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:24 am 

Also curious which led turn signal you put in? I was thinking of putting in the comercial led lights in for the front turn. Im still trying to decide what to do about the rear housings.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:38 am 

That really can't be good for the cooling system blocking all the flow like that

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:15 am 

I think there is still enough air flow to keep the car from overheating. At least on normal temp days.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:43 am 

I used commercial style oval led grommet mount lights in the stock signal locations.....ran a extra wire from the corner markers so they are park lights and signals. actually easy to retrofit, remove entire stock signal housing, make a small groove on both sides with a dremel, and they pop right in.
the oval lights have a lip on the inner edge that fits inside that groove.no grommet needed.
I have installed led bulbs in the stock sockets for the taillights. small led strips above the taillights, one set as park lights, the other for reverse lights. my geo emblem between the taillights was damaged, so I removed it and cut out a hole in it for a single oval grommet mount 40 watt led reverse light. changed out the signal flasher to compensate for the led signal lights.

almost anywhere there is/was a bulb in this car, I have retrofitted to led. or added more.
also a cs 130 alternator upgrade. optima battery. large audio system.

no noticeable temp increase due to "blocked air flow" even at outside temps of 40*c needle only
goes up to half on the gauge.
next on the list is to plumb in the mechanical temp gauge. already have oil and voltage, I want something more precise than a "cold~hot~meltdown" gauge :lol:

3 tech turbo grind cam
gti brake swap
92 white metro lsi vert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:24 pm 

I have some hella 500 round lights that I want to make a bracket for and run. I was thinking of using led bulbs in them for now as they are too bright to leave on

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:48 am 

I tried some of those led retrofit bulbs, they are bright but don't have the beam distance I was looking for. I priced out 4x6 high/low led headlights, almost $700 :shock: that's a little steep for me. if I was rally racing I would consider it, but for everyday driving I am fine with my hid.
led technology is getting better and cheaper as the years go by.

3 tech turbo grind cam
gti brake swap
92 white metro lsi vert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 am 

mine are

Attachment:
2013-12-19 19.29.51-1.jpg
2013-12-19 19.29.51-1.jpg [ 316.31 KIB | Viewed 4785 times ]

Attachment:
2013-12-19 19.30.11.jpg [441.89 KIB]
Not downloaded yet

these are actually from Corolla 93-2000 (according to my country) fog lamps

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:47 pm 

chshahid2k wrote:
mine are

Attachment:
2013-12-19 19.29.51-1.jpg

Attachment:
2013-12-19 19.30.11.jpg

these are actually from Corolla 93-2000 (according to my country) fog lamps

Thats a neet retrofit. I've been going through wreckers with a measuring tape and checking other factory lights for my retrofit.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:53 am 

I wonder if people can differentiate between a fog light, a driving light, an off road light bar, and an abortion?

Fog lights are short distance low glare lights, meant to keep you on the road in adverse conditions.

Putting a hid into a non-hid fog housing, is an abortion, because now it sucks as a low beam supplement, for either fog or driving light.

Driving lights, are low glare, centrally aimed distance lights.

HID retrofitting makes them puke inducing glare monsters, certain reflectors and projectors can house either HID or halogen, but they aren't common.

Off road lights, are great at flooding an area, don't care if the glare, because they aren't used with oncoming traffic.

The LED bars are off road only, they are flood pattern, great for crawling on or off rocks and mud.

The 4x6 glass H4 housings, are pretty muddy, but aren't bad, the Hella ones are quite capable.

Still do better with a quality H4 bulb and relay harness, than a HID kit.

Though, what I say isn't cool, it is all fact, biological on the way our eyes work, and on the physics of how different light technologies work. I'm amazed how many people flash me in the truck, because I don't have the fogs on, during a clear evening, I prefer to see at a distance, rather than being to see a mosquito an inch from the bumper.

If you want a bro-dozer, buy a lifted compensation mobile, those things are like a diced out civic, they suck at being useful, because they throw ability out the window to look cool. Yellow lights work the best, give you the least amount of glare(filter out the glare causing blues and purples) and give the most usable light in all conditions. :shock:

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 pm 
Suzuki Elder

what i came up with as an upgrade to the oem fog lights/ driving lights was some modern projector type lights adapted to the oem driving light delete vents.

i run standard h1 35 watt incandescent lamps which compared with the hid and led replacements for the head lights and corner markers cast a yellowish pencil type beam that gets right down under a curtain of fog.

the city i live in has 5 bigger rivers running north to south so the low lying areas can be extremely foggy at night. i run a lot of emergency calls that can have me traveling on 2 crossing interstate highways and an outer belt highway that take me through these foggy areas. having been run over by a semi truck approaching from the rear before, i tend to have concerns about foggy nights.

the rear lighting on my car has been modified to make me a little safer. i used a series of cree 3 watt "eagle eye" leds mounted into the rear bumber cover to act as backup lighting. i replaced the oem lamps in the rear light lenses with 22 led strobe panels and added a 4th, low mounted brake indicator light. when the shifter is in reverse the 7 discrete eagle eye leds provide ample lighting, the strobes flash in an alternating pattern, and the 4th brake light flashes slowly. when i flip my fog light switch, it not only illuminates the front projector fogs, it also flashes the rear strobes in unison and flashes the low mounted 4th brake light slowly. if i hit the brakes the 4th light flashes in a hyper mode.

this spring i will also be adding another rear fog warning light. it's a single point scanning red led that will be mounted above the license plate and will project a lane width beam on the road surface about 15 feet behind the car. through the fog it will have a fan shaped beam illuminating the mist in red. i'll connect it to my rear fog circuit so that it will come on with the other special fog lighting.

it only takes one occasion of a semi truck to run you over from the rear to make you forever nervous of driving through a bank of fog. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:43 am 

Nice job ragtop. Do you have a pic of the rear end without the lights lit? Also, is the reverse light built into the light cluster not supposed to work on both sides of the car or is the right hand side one just a dummy?

We have shorter light clusters on the UK cars without the inner row where your reverse light is. Our reverse light is down in the bumper on the left and our fog on the right. I repaced the standard red lens with a clear one and fitted a red bulb as i like symmetry.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129602609 ... 991551327/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:11 pm 
Suzuki Elder

here's the requested pic of the rear lights off.

keep in mind that the still pic is just a snapshot in time. the oem backup light cells each have a 22 led panel. when reversing, the cells alternately strobe (which is why the still pic only shows one lit up.) when i have the fog light switch on the cells both flash in unison.

i live on a secondary arterial thoroughfare which has a fair amount of traffic when i leave for work in the morning, usually before dawn. when i back out into the road oncoming traffic cannot possibly not see my car. the light show is pretty awesome. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:25 pm 

I've been thinking of making my center panel into a rear fog light. I was going to pull some spare lights apart and see if I could get them "chromed".

I was thinking of putting some projector lights in the fog delete bezels. Like you did. I have a set of them somewhere. How did you mount up the lights? Drill and bolt on the lower part of the bumper the runs parallel to the ground?

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:31 pm 

[quote="t3 ragtop"]here's the requested pic of the rear lights off.
[img]http://www.teamswift.net/gallery/image_pic.php?album_id=1194&image_id=24084[/img]

keep in mind that the still pic is just a snapshot in time. the oem backup light cells each have a 22 led panel. when reversing, the cells alternately strobe (which is why the still pic only shows one lit up.) when i have the fog light switch on the cells both flash in unison.

i live on a secondary arterial thoroughfare which has a fair amount of traffic when i leave for work in the morning, usually before dawn. when i back out into the road oncoming traffic cannot possibly not see my car. the light show is pretty awesome. :wink:[/quote]

Didn't realise they strobe, that explains it. 8)
You say the "oem" reverse light has 22 led's but I'm guessing by oem you don't mean stock/standard from Suzuki :huh:
I am guessing that the original light has a white/clear segment with a standard bulb behind it which you have replaced with led's behind stock lens. Right?

I ask because 1- It (the white/clear segment) does look stock. And 2- I like the idea of adding that segment to my light cluster, if possible and then having 2 fog lights in the bumper.

Long winded kind of question but I hope you get what I mean. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:55 pm 

Now that is a dam good idea. Your a genius.

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:45 pm 

Anybody thought about the lexus es300 projrctor fog lights? I bought a set and im going to retrofit them in this week.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 pm 

I picked up a set from pick n pull for about 20 bucks. They have a good light output. I have to pull off the bumper to fix a crack the runs down the corner. So ill see if I can fit them up.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:30 pm 

Got some new Isuzu forward Fogs! These fit the bumper, just like stock ones. ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm 

RP91gt wrote:
Got some new Isuzu forward Fogs! These fit the bumper, just like stock ones. ImageImage

Could you post the part# or a link where you got them . Think I will use those , they look nice . Also post some pics of installation and when you finish .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:33 pm 

You can find them herehttp://www.ashop.me/b/40211/9/isuzu-truck-parts.html but i bought the Replacements. which are the TYC 19-1121-0006 LH & 19-1120-0006 RH replacement for OEM 1-82110210-3 Isuzu NPR/NHR TRUCK FCG lamp. Just FYI they are plastic :wink: