TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4" Speakers???
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:49 pm 

Does anyone know of any good 4" speakers? Brand/model? Looking for something not too cheap but not the best... maybe about 50.00 a pair... I see walmart have some 4" 2way pioneer for 48.xx..... are one use them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:53 pm 

Those walmart special pioneers are alright at best, go to a real stereo store and get decent pioneers or if you want real sound go listen to a pair of JL 4's they'll cost you twice as much but you'll get 10X the speaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:58 pm 

ok i posted a topic clean and clear under ultimite stereo u can read if u want i have expereince with olot of mids and highs jl's r very nice but the best bang for ur buck r alpine type r coxail very nice crisp high's nice punchy bass ultimate sound for gatars with continuse bass around the 80-120 hz frequancy if u want to get more pricy mb quartz's i beleive make a 4" coxail but for the money ur better off with thalpine type R's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:37 pm 

I think Bigfoot's desire of only spending $50 rules out components.

However, Bigfoot, I do have experience with Pioneer 4" coaxials. They're really not bad. The mid range is... well it's a 4", there's a decent amount of mid and low, enough to get you by. The high's, fortunately, won't bust your ear drums as well. For about $50 you should be pleased with the investment if you're just replacing stock speakers.

If you wanted to spend an extra $50, however, Kenwood makes a decent set of entry level components.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:58 pm 

ok guy her ya go i looked up some 4" coaxails for u heres some brand model #'s and prices

jl=tr400 cxi=usd $48.00 buy it now price
mb quartz= dkd 110= usd $29.00
polk= db400=28

all shipping prices i noticed was between 10-20 usd $

heres the url for the page i was looking on highlight copy and paste unless it comes up highlighted

http://search.ebay.com/4-coaxial_Car-El ... sacatZ3270

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:04 pm 

Spend a few more bucks and get the Boston Acoustics S45. You won't be disappointed. Add a cheap tube subwoofer for incredible sound.

Post subject: hmmmmmmmmm
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:03 pm 

yeah nice suggestion there bud but i think he was trying to keep the price down to around usd$50 or so them r some nice speakers but aren't they around $100 plus

Post subject: speakers
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:12 am 

Hi guys , I got some great 300 watt 4 inch speakers brand new from ebay for 50 bucks australian , they come from the states , there called rockwood I think , they are great for both bass and mid range , alot of people prob dont like em , but I have found that by amping them they sound awsome , i have them in my suzuki , in the rear seat panels on the side where the little grill are , will be posting more pics later , but they are good for the bucks , if not looking for over expensive stereo components , Cheers ...John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:59 pm 

I was looking at those Boston Acoustics S45 from some online store.... they were 79.95 shipped for 2. I'll get them a bit later..... I just got some wally world pioneer's and there o.k.... but my stock chrysler mini-van had better..... anyway now with my MTX ROad thunder 10inch and 200 watt amp i can't hear that loud muffler anymore 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:06 pm 

good to see you settled on some speakers. I got a pair of 4" jensen speakers from princess auto for 20 bucks. But looking back, ishouldnt have got them. they are kinda lousy, still, 20 bucks isnt bad. the ones that were in there before were all cracked and falling apart from being baked in the sun.

"Life's a rally, cut corners"

Post subject: nice bigfoot
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:28 am 

Thats some funny shit bigfoot! Sounds like my deleama. Up grade the system to dround out the ehaust noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:27 pm 

Lightning 4" by Walmart are actually not bad speakers. Better than the base Pioneer 4" speakers. They have 30W RMS, which is good for power from your deck only. I plan on getting some better 4" speakers sometime. Possibly Infinity speakers...they are nice...I've had them before and they sound really good. Lightning 4" speakers will do for now though, especially at $24 a pair.

Post subject: same here
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 pm 

well i done the same thing and got the 4" wally world lightnings for my 93 metro and they are not bad for listening, then i threw some shelf speakers in the back near the tire well and it dont sound bad at all now. i was thinking of just puting a 12" sony xplod in the tire well and push it with an Infinity 611a. (spare parts) :-P I just dont know how im going to do it yet, worst case ill put down a single sheet of plywood over the hole with rubber under it to seal and just cut the hole out. :shock: if anyone has done it let me know thanks and ill rock the lightnings till they die. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 pm 
King of Pompous

I don't think that putting the plywood down over a bead of rubber could make the Sony sound much worse anyways. I suppose you could sound deaden the spare tire well if you really wanted to try...but the deadener would cost more than the sub :P

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:43 pm 

well i was given the 12 by a friend of mine and it didnt sound all that bad being stuffed into a 10w7 ported box. :roll: and being pushed by an infinity 611a. :shock: and i have a can of expanda-foam laying around so i was just going to pretty much fill it full cut out the center for the speaker and give it some room and then seal accordingly. i mean what the heck i got the extra parts ill try it and do a right up on it at the same time so that if it dont turn out all that bad then we will know how to and if it sounds like @ss then we will know this is how NOT to do it. :D besides i got nothing better to do besides recruit ppl for the national guard and work on my 1912 house, and the car is a nice getaway from all that. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:40 pm 
King of Pompous

I don't necessarily think it will sound horrible...I just think that Sony does in general ;). I have seen a piece of wood glued to the tire well with something like liquid nails to keep it stuck there. It was in a trunk and while it sounded better than I expected the sub sounded much better in a box. Now if you were to go all out with a couple of layers of dynamat to completely deaden the tire well you may just get something that sounds pretty good at lower power levels.

Post subject: usual
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:13 pm 

much agreed on the whole sony thing. I prefer to run JL as much as possible and since i just got rid of my 10w7 in the H.O. box before i deployed to Mosul, Iraq i have to do what i can with what i got. See i went and done this thing called getting married and now she sees my car as a "commuter" not something to put extra money into. so i have to scrape together what i can. like my new signiture says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:21 pm 
King of Pompous

Ya...see I'm married too...but my wife encourages my automotive expenditures to the point that its a bad influence on me :P