TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4 10's
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:52 pm 

i got 4 10" subs and i was wondering how i could mount them in my swift could i use all them in the spare tire mount? or only 3 and if somone did this do you got a pic i can look at. or any other ideas i would love to hear let me know thanks so much. and i was wondering what size the box should be. if i made one and thye would prob be sep boxes or idk just let me know guys thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:15 am 

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=6394
try taking a look at this thread may give you the answer your looking for.

Post subject: Re: 4 10's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:46 am 
King of Pompous

RussDaBuss305 wrote:
i got 4 10" subs and i was wondering how i could mount them in my swift could i use all them in the spare tire mount? or only 3 and if somone did this do you got a pic i can look at. or any other ideas i would love to hear let me know thanks so much. and i was wondering what size the box should be. if i made one and thye would prob be sep boxes or idk just let me know guys thanks.

Need a bit more info. What kind of subs, SPL or SQ, how much space you willing to lose, and what kind of music you listen too? Spare tire wll would likely need to be built up a bit to give some extra space for 4 10's? IIRC you barely get 2 cubes out of it when the baffle sits flush.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:37 pm 

the subs say they need a 1.0 cu ft enclouser how do i measure that out? i think ill make a miny wall of 4 or somthing? i just dont know how to lay it out do i make the box 1ft by 1ft or do i do half so it = 1ft or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:22 pm 

ok i got myself a box layout. now i just need to know how to wire all these suckers up to one amp its a MTX audio thunder1004. the amp does 90w rms/ch x 4 into 4ohms, 180w rms/ch x 4 into 20 ohms, 360w rms/ch x 2 bridged into 40 ohms and 500w dynamic power x 2 bridged into 4 ohms. and now my 4 speakers are the same they are pioneers Ts-w255dvc they are dual 4ohm voice coils double bobine moble 4 ohm they are 700w max 350w nom and 2/8 ohm impendance and extreme- grave 25cm pour caisson. all that was on the back of the sub. they are all 10's. im a put each one in a 1.0cf box and hopefully get them all in the trunk area lol. let me know on the wireing plz there not highend speakers just want to wire them all so they all work the same and have some boom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:44 pm 

and my amp looks like it has a button says rca input can go from a 4ch to a 2ch. and has a x-over that has three spots dont know what any of them mean LP FR HP its set on Fr right now. and agian i do want boom but not to much where i blow up my speakers. get back to me asap would be sweet would like to start building tomarrow. thanks

Russ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:49 pm 

and i forgot agian would like to have the amp so it wont over heat aswell. so i dont know what one will use more power 2ch or 4ch i would like to stay away from the one that will overheat faster. agian just need all the subs to work an go boom lol. srry just excited to get the all working. got to make the box first goin to use MDF or the wood somthing that is not heavy but im going to look in to that tomarrow. thanks agian

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 am 

ok i think im going to wire them all up for a 2ohm load. or a 8 ohm load but i think i want the 2 ohm load but im not sure. and i still dont know what channel to put my amp on im guessin 4channel cuz i have 4 speakers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:27 am 
King of Pompous

Run your amp in 4 channel mode and wire the subs to 2 ohms each. Your gonna have to split your sub input into four though to get all the channels a signal so you may have to bring your gain up a bit more to compensate for any losses. You'll use the same amoutn of powere wether your in 2 channel or 4. Set the amp up with the LP filter on and then you'll have to adjust it up or down (should be a pot with a frequency range on it to adjust) to suit your liking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:01 pm 

thanks man but should i run all them in a line off of one side like the right side or should i run 2 off the right and 2 off the left like to connect them? to the terminals there is to spots for 4 wires all togther.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:08 pm 
King of Pompous

If your talking about the subs then you will want to connect pos to pos and neg to neg and then to the amp. If your saying that your amp only has a place for 4 wires then it sounds like a 2 channle amp to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:15 pm 

ok i got spots for 8 wires and 2 remotes whur am i goin to get 2 remotes? i only have one running from the stereo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:19 pm 

well wait it has spot for 8 wires but it also sys front and rear im so confused lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:20 pm 

mayb i can run 2 subs off each one and run it into 2 ohms. just chain them up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:59 pm 
King of Pompous

You can't run that amp at 2 ohms to two channels. You must run it in 4 channel mode at 2 ohms or two channel at 4 ohms. Front and rear don't matter unless your running front and rear speakers. For all intensive purposes you have 4 channels to work with. Since yours are all going to the same spot it doesn't matter. The amp (or subs) won't know the difference....they only care about getting the signal. Split your Sub out to 4 and run them to the inputs on the amp. If you have two remote inputs then you will need to split your remote wire to two as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:19 pm 

ok thanks m im making the boxes i just laid out one i just need to get a blade for my jigsaw. then 3 more 2 go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:09 pm 

made all the boxes. stuck them in the car. alot of weight lol. we took it to this place by my bros house audio smith or somthin tested it we hit 140 somthin dbs just for throwin it in like that was kinda cool. blew the right rear window out of that little hing on the outside nothin big did not fly off lol. umm my alternator blew after a week. so we took everything out. and i keep goin threw alternators. glad there life time warrnty. lol but ya the 4 10s worked for awhile everybody herd an liked it. just alot of raddlin on the outside nothin on the inside well u could not hear on the in side so mayb there was? lol. well now i just got rockfords for stock speakers. for lighter weight and mayb throw in 2 6x9s or somthin for little bass. but im trying to get a custom turbo project goin so my car can die havin fun. thanks for the help everyone.

Russ