TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:36 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:47 pm 

im fed up with radio... i want to get get satillite... which do you have? which is better? XM Vs. Sirius.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamswift.net/album_personal ... er_id=7713 ===my profile pics

Post subject: SIRIUS!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:37 am 

I love Sirius radio, and I have become obsessed with Howard Stern.

1990 Suzuki Swift GT (2005-2006)
2005 Mazda Miata LS(2006-present)
1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo (2007-2008)
1992 Ford Festiva (2009-present)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:06 pm 

Go with SIRIUS!!!!

Stern Rules........ They also have a mountain of different programming, including NFL, NBA, NHL, and (Nascar in '07). Check out the website http://www.sirius.com
XM's subs are going down.... Sirius is on the way up... :D

Last edited by Sony187 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:04 pm 

i have only had xm , and i still have it. but i like it . it has nascar, comedy, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, sports, rock, rap, country, metal.

here is my sig. karma if you look

Dattman wrote:
If you want big wheels buy a tractor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:47 pm 

ok dont shoot... but im not a huge stern fan. not that i dont like him, i just never got into it. so stern willnot be the factor that i base my decision on. i've got a month before im off deployment, im leaning twards XM so far. mostly for bullsh!t reasons, like the fact that financally GM backed XM, and ford backed sirius. or the fact that they had the balls to name their two satillites "rock" and "roll". or that they have slightly more channels. also, one of their recievers has an FM mod. in it. so i only have to buy a set of antennas, and power adapters. no hardwire for the audio. so i can take it from house, to tiburon, to geo, with little problems. unless someone has some bad feedback on XM, thats look, I'm retarded the way ill go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:49 pm 

Well if your gonna go with XM... Then try this.. Sign up and in about a month call to cancel. Tell them your going to Sirius because of Stern. Then (XM) should offer you 6 months service free, then the next 6 months at half price just to stay with them... It has been done before from people I know... Good luck... No matter XM or sirius... Satelite radio is awesome, no censoreship, and you can drive from NY to LA never losing reception....

Good luck choosing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:02 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

ipod
my radio station, my way, no commercials, no subscriptions, no reception issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:55 pm 

yea, ive done the MP3 player thing. thats my usual choice. but it doesnt help me find new music. seems im allways listening to the same thing. also, i live in near base in south carolina, but home is in eastern ohio. so the 1200 mile round trip tends to get borring after i listen to almost every MP3 i own twice. oh, and thanks for the info on the price cut. ill give it a try. i did somthing like that to my cellphone company once, worked great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:57 am 

It all depends what you like as far as sports is concerned? The rest of the programing from either XM or Sirius isn't a huge factor to most people. I have sold both & it ususally comes down to that factor. On another not if you are conserned about sound quality if you send your Sat. radio through an FM Mod you lose your digital performance. Also both companies offer FM Mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:13 pm 
Suzuki Elder

n1tr0 wrote:
ipod
my radio station, my way, no commercials, no subscriptions, no reception issues.

i digitally record the spdif output from my satellite tv receiver (which has the sirius radio channels) then i rip the wav file to an mp3, load it to my jump drive, and use my little cigarette lighter mp3 player to play the tunes through any car's radio (that is any of my cars that still has a radio :twisted: freakin' thieves :twisted: )

i just let my computer record the sirius signal after i go to bed. when i get up the next morning i let my computer rip the mp3s while i have my coffee. i think my 256m jump drive holds about 4 hours.

when i'm going to be driving longer i take my old thinkpad combo mega squirt tuner/ mp3 jukebox/ dvd player and jack it into the audio system. if i set the laptop's mp3 player to random play, i can drive about 4 days without a repeated song.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:36 pm 

elmetro, so you're currently stationed down in SC? Are you going to school down there or is it an actual duty station?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:19 pm 

I use XM Radio, and have found the quality exceptional, which you probably will with both services. I ahve only had XM and absolutely love it. I bought the Roady XT, which comes with an antenae, car cig adapter, car kit tape adapter, and full instructions. I had my radio activated, installed, and set up in 15 minutes. The Roady XT also has a FM transmitter installed internally, and seems to work very well. Sirius has tuners that can pause, fast forward, and rewind the radio, but I prefer being able to use mine with just the FM tuner, and the 7 color screen settings mine came with. Mine also allows me to mark my favorite songs, and notifies me when they come on the radio. Another feature is a stock ticker, which can scroll accross the screen while you are listening to your programs so that you can keep up on all the latest wallstreet news. I give XM radio a 10 out of 10. Highly Highly recomended. I say go for the Roady XT, it was only $50 at Walmart when I got it. Good luck, and enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 pm 

I use XM Radio, and have found the quality exceptional, which you probably will with both services. I ahve only had XM and absolutely love it. I bought the Roady XT, which comes with an antenae, car cig adapter, car kit tape adapter, and full instructions. I had my radio activated, installed, and set up in 15 minutes. The Roady XT also has a FM transmitter installed internally, and seems to work very well. Sirius has tuners that can pause, fast forward, and rewind the radio, but I prefer being able to use mine with just the FM tuner, and the 7 color screen settings mine came with. Mine also allows me to mark my favorite songs, and notifies me when they come on the radio. Another feature is a stock ticker, which can scroll accross the screen while you are listening to your programs so that you can keep up on all the latest wallstreet news. I give XM radio a 10 out of 10. Highly Highly recomended. I say go for the Roady XT, it was only $50 at Walmart when I got it. Good luck, and enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 am 

from what i know whilst working at FS, ......

XM has a better selection of sports channels
Sirius has a better selection of music channels

and recently ... they just added some more to the Sirius line-up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:32 am 

and if anyone close to me is interested, I'd bewilling to part with my Clarion deck and Clarion Sirius tuner box with antenna for the right price......... what this means is that the channels come up on your deck screen... no extra pieces hangin out everywhere!

not giving away all the details but let's just say, I'm not getting billed for the channels.