TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: power? NOT FIXED
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:13 pm 

i have two 12 inch xtant subs hooked up to a 1400watt lanzar amp and when i turn my car off the subs drain my car battery. what can i do to stop this from happening do i have to buy another battery and connect them both together?

well after i disconected the little wire from the 12v to the remote bridge the subs then didnt work anyone have a solution

Last edited by Indiana on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:59 pm 

do you have the remote wire connected to the stereo or directly to the battery or other always on power source? the only reason it would drain your battery when you shut the car off is if it is always on.

1988 Chevrolet Sprint (Forsa clone) 3Tech cam and underdrive pulley, MSD 8mm wireset, shaved head, Weber 32/36 carb, Honda short shifter, KYB Gr2 suspension, Summit tach and gauges, Pilot steering wheel, NEW! Summit Multi-spark CDI
Project Page
1993 Geo Metro Only mods so far are a Honda short shifter, Glowshift tach and a 3a Racing ricer muffler (freebie)
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:35 pm 

Agreed. My friend had no remote wire and he quickly found out that his amp was on all the time. Make sure you have one, or make sure it's plugged in the right spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 pm 

yes its plugged in and i found the problem thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:13 pm 

out of curiosity, what was the problem?

1988 Chevrolet Sprint (Forsa clone) 3Tech cam and underdrive pulley, MSD 8mm wireset, shaved head, Weber 32/36 carb, Honda short shifter, KYB Gr2 suspension, Summit tach and gauges, Pilot steering wheel, NEW! Summit Multi-spark CDI
Project Page
1993 Geo Metro Only mods so far are a Honda short shifter, Glowshift tach and a 3a Racing ricer muffler (freebie)
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:19 pm 

well i let my friend borrow my amp for a month or so and told him when he got a new one he would have to install it back into my car and for some reason"this kid isnt the sharpest tool in the tool box" he connected a wire from the 12v to the remote and i never noticed that lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:26 pm 

yup, that would do it 8)

Project Page
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:03 pm 

read original post ^^^^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:27 pm 

Start by breaking it down, make sure you have an independant power wire connected to your amp, make sure you have a ground wire connected to your amp, make sure you have you speaker wires connected to your subs going from amp, make sure your remote wire goes from headunit to amp. Check for blown fuses in amp and power wire. Make sure amp and headunit settings are proper. Check for bad grounds. Could be as simple as a loose wire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 pm 

dive done that 2 or more times im thinking about splicing the power wire and hooking up a switch that will kill the power everytime i shut the car. im not sure if this will work i am takeing suggestions tho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:05 am 
King of Pompous

I'll venture a guess that if your 100% sure that the remote wire is correctly connected and the amp isn't turning off when you shut the car off that the amp has a problem. Undo the power and ground to the amp and see if the battery drains. It could be caused by something other than tha amp. Might be worth checking out how much voltage draw you have when the car is off.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:40 pm 

well the power doesnt get drained when i un plug th amp but i looked behing my stero and there is a fuse connected to the remote wire on the stero should i just clip it off and attach the wire?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:49 am 

dude u dont seem to be the sharpest kid on the block either, just tap the remote wire into the lighter positive, that switches on and off with the key
that way u dont need to worry bout finding the remote wire on the stereo, which is usually blue/white and isnt fused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:43 pm 
King of Pompous

ben23 wrote:
dude u dont seem to be the sharpest kid on the block either

Because he doesn't know why his amp is draining? Don't come in here with that kind of attitude.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.