TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:47 pm 

i have two 12' xtant subs and two 10's custom subs. Also i have an lanzar 1600watt 2 channel bridgeable amp and a lanzar 500watt 2 channel bridgeable amp. Im not sure how to connect all these together so they can work and if some one could explain that would be great i know how to hook the subs to 1 amp but not 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:21 pm 

To start with what kind of head unit are you using? Give some details, how many preouts, sub control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:48 am 
King of Pompous

Toss the tens and just use the 12's. You will avoid phasing problems and power issues that way. Yes it can be done but its usualy a little more involved than just adding the subs. If your 10's were the same series as your 12's then maybe...and even then its usualy seen as something you shouldn't do unless your enclosure designs are really good and you plan on covering to seperate frequency ranges.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:19 am 

Indiana wrote:
i have two 12' xtant subs and two 10's custom subs. Also i have an lanzar 1600watt 2 channel bridgeable amp and a lanzar 500watt 2 channel bridgeable amp. Im not sure how to connect all these together so they can work and if some one could explain that would be great i know how to hook the subs to 1 amp but not 2

Wire the 12's in series to the big amp
(from amp bridged pos. to sub1 pos. to sub2 pos.)
(from amp bridged neg. to sub1 neg. to sub2 neg.)

Do the same for the 10's on the little amp

If the subs are Single Voice Coil (SVC), this should bridged everything down to a 2 Ohm load for each amp respectively. Adjust the gains from NIL with the Freq. crossover set to around 80 Hz, and NO, i repeat, NO!!! Bass Boost!!
with the deck as loud as you would normally have the speakers

HINT: just unplug the RCA's, set the gains to zero, crank the deck up till it starts to make the speakers crackle (speaker bass and treble settings should be -2 and 0 respectively).

Then turn the Volume down 1 notch and plug the RCA's inand adjust the 10's first, then unplug those RCA's and adjust for the 12's.

put it all back together and enjoy. This is the most idiot-proof way to adjust your gear so that you don't run the risk of blowing shit up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:03 am 

i just need help to install amp and 4 speakers ,,,any help will be great thanks.