TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:36 pm 

Does anyone know where and how many speakers come stock in a 1986 Sprint, Non-turbo if it matters.

I know there are two in the back, one on each side, but are there in hiding up under the dash, i know theres none in the doors... I am just asking because the two in the back are missing, but the wires are there, so I'm wondering if there are supposed to be others somewhere else in the car. Thanks a bunch!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 pm 

Hmm... Still don't understand, there are wires for the front speakers, but I can't find where the would be. Does anybody know??? I got two 6.5" speakers fit in the rear where the stock's would go, if anyone's interested in that, I'll post pics...

But my main issue is the deal with the front speakers, I am only running two right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:46 pm 

i thought they had 3 1/2" speakers on the underside of the dash near the doors.

Proud owner of :

1970 AMC AMX
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi (gone, my baby is gone :( )
1993 T-Bird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:11 pm 

Ok, well I found one... there is one directly above the glove box, but still can't find one for the left side...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 pm 

I think that there is only one speaker in the dash. Well on my car there was only one but mines an 85 firefly. I don't think theres much difference though. I'd like to see how you fit the 6.5's in the rear cause I'm trying to do something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:11 am 

all Mk1 owners in this thread, pull your front door trims off and alas, u will find a mounting point and cutouts on the trim for 4 inch speakers, all u have to do is remove the map pockets, and plug the holes with trim plugs, or replace the map pocket, as it has holes to allow the sound to come through.
as for the stock speakers, they are 6 x 4 inch speakers as far as i know, i pulled mine out, replaced all speaker wiring, replaced all the bodgy stereo wiring from someone elses previous attempt. I put 4 inch speakers in the doors, and im building a new parcel tray to house my 6x9's

all u have to do is use a chisel to break the 4 "links" that hold the inner circle of masonite to the main hole for the speaker, so u can remove the circle, i wouldnt worry about fixing the speakers to the metal, use the speed clips to hold the speaker to the door trim, its pretty sturdy the way it is

im just working on an easy way to protect the speakers from door water damage. if anyone has any good ideas id be glad to hear it.

Last edited by ben23 on Tue May 01, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:54 pm 

Oh ok... weird, cause there are no speakers there, ok, well that's actually what i was thinking of doing for speakers in the doors, Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:25 am 

some of the wires on that car are common ground... i think... run new wires . or refer to this:
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=31478

view my reply to that topic^