TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:41 pm 
Sad but True...

The problem this amp was having was you go over bumps and the bass hits really hard, like it just clipped. jiggling with the rca's I noticed I was able to reproduce it. So I unhooked everything, brought it in and opened it up (another thing not pictured is the remote, it was loose [solder] and was also able to ground out against the frame of the amp from the markings I saw... fixed that up too)

I found 2 of the 6 rca connectors to the mainboard were broken clean off.

picture 1) remove the rca connector (has a passthru aswell) you can see the 2 broken pieces left on the board
picture 2) remove 2 broken tabs
picture 3) slightly mod the rca unit so I am able to fix it. this tab was tucked underneith the plastic
picture 4) these 2 needles were stolen from my gf's sewing kit, they are pretty much the same "guage" as the broken pieces.
picture 5) cut and angle the new tabs
picture 6) clean out solder from holes
picture 7) reinstall

Its not 100% flush, but it fits in the casing just fine, the top 2 rca connectors go slightly into the frame of the amp casing, but it doesnt matter because its all open anyways (to accept the rcas) so all in all its good. its slightly angled because of the way the new needle things were put on, but its all good and everything works great now.

just thought Id share one of my adventures this afternoon. easiest 40 bucks ever

my expertise is not just limited to mechanical knowledge, if anyone has questions about stereo stuff feel free to ask away