TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:22 am 

This whole conversation is pointless. The speakers in the back may be garbage but save money and get a good set of 3way speakers then wire them and the sound quality will be 10x better. go to any car audio shop and get covers, they are like foam covers that u put under the speakers that way the pressure in the truck wont affect the speakers. then you will have a true stereo sound system. i have a 94 metro with 3 12's in my hatch run by 2-1200 watt amplifiers strapped together. i fabricated a cover for the hatch so my amps are visable but my subbs are hidden, i also have 2 6.5in speakers on the same panel and with the covers the sound quality is great.

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:19 am 

In an ideal sound situation, you have only one driver per side (left/right) that can press out everything between 20 Hz en 25 KHz at the same level. You will be situated behind and in the middle of these two drivers, so sound comes towards you from two corners.

Sadly, human beings haven't yet managed to create one driver that can do everything between 20 and 25.000 Hz so we will have to split things up. That's why we have kickwoofers, tweeters, and a sub in the rear of our car.

Aim to stay as close to the initial idea as you can: Make sure you have a nice sounding ánd powerful composet, so you can leave the kickwoofers close to your ear (in the door or dashboard) and add a little detail to the highs with a set of tweeters. Everything under say 110 Hz sounds without any direction in a car, so you can safely press the lows through your subwoofer.