TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bigger alternator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 am 

I own a 1986 chevy sprint, 4 door, auto i am planning on putting a wall of speakers. I work at a mobile FX as in installer in rapid city SD. Just haveing a hard time finding a bigger amp alternator to upgrade to to help me out with this install. If anyone knows anything on alternator upgrades so i can provide enough O.J. to the 6 12 inch subs and 3 amplifiers that would be great. Thanks to any help.

Post subject: Re: Bigger alternator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:33 am 
King of Pompous

I know you haven't searched for this because theres been a half a dozen posts about it in the last month.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:32 pm 

there are so many topics on this forum it's much easier to just start a new one, and don't say a word about the "search" bar cause it SUCKS! i could type "Geo" in the search bar and it would say sorry no matches found.

Also some people aren't familair with a forum so just be glad he started the topic in the right category.

It's all good Arnie, I got your back! really i doubt you can find a aftermarket alternator to run 6 12's and 3 amps off of a 1 liter. i'm sayin cut the plugs and pull a alternator off an old chevy 400 or 454 and wire the plug to the stock sprint harness, may sound jew rigged but " el Sprinto" is a master wire dresser upper. but than again i know nothing about electric current so i don't know if the 3 cylinders of fury will spin a monster alternator fast enough to do any better.

1967 Bronco, Fully restored, 289 short throw mustang 4.7, 2" lift, 31" MT's

1985 Bronco, 9" lift, 38x14.5 swampers, 60's front and rear with 4.10's, both diffs locked, full cage and fresh 400...my JEEP eater!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:12 am 
King of Pompous

Just because you can't figure out how to use a search function doesn't mean that the forum should be cluttered up with more posts asking the same thing. Theres lots of other members here that have figured it out. On the very first page of the stereo section there is a post talking about using a bigger alt. Didn't even have to use the search function but just open your eyes and read a bit.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]