TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:54 am 

Here's My buddy's Sprint stereo project. He works as an installer at Mobile Fx here in Rapid City SD. it started out as a 86 Sprint auto.. 4 door of course. the backseat was completely removed and replaced with some coool stuff...

Everything in this car is completely custom. he even built the boxes to spec. out of MDF. everything else was just flat normal particle board to start out with.

Every speaker in this car, from the four 6" door speakers to the six 12's and even the three 2.100 amps are all Street Edge. Would like to thank Street Edge for the sponsership. i guess this will be the project to show a cheap stereo can be BADASS!

Attachments:
File comment: If your in rapid, look for the badass stickers
Gun little car mafia.jpg
Gun little car mafia.jpg [ 29.44 KIB | Viewed 3993 times ]
File comment: the outside of the car, different is good right? just the opposite of your body kits and turbo's
front killer sprint.jpg
front killer sprint.jpg [ 32.43 KIB | Viewed 3990 times ]
File comment: The "custom" door panels. running two 6" speakers in the front doors.
door panel.jpg
door panel.jpg [ 36.85 KIB | Viewed 3992 times ]
File comment: a wall of 12's...
front wall 1.jpg
front wall 1.jpg [ 28.7 KIB | Viewed 3992 times ]
File comment: Close up, definetly not finished, will have a completely custom fit front cover plate or whatever, will have more pics when it gets finished
front wall.jpg
front wall.jpg [ 30.9 KIB | Viewed 3989 times ]
File comment: should of added this before the last 2, but the base which replaced the back seat
wall base.jpg
wall base.jpg [ 34.61 KIB | Viewed 3993 times ]
File comment: back of the speaker box before
beginning back wall.jpg
beginning back wall.jpg [ 34.28 KIB | Viewed 3992 times ]
File comment: getting closer to finishing the amp wall... lots of wood, cutting, fitting, shapeing... so on. The guy in the picture is Justin, owner of the car, 18 and doing this all by himself... all i do is take pictures and skate in the heated shop haha
Amp Wall.jpg
Amp Wall.jpg [ 32.96 KIB | Viewed 3990 times ]

1967 Bronco, Fully restored, 289 short throw mustang 4.7, 2" lift, 31" MT's

1985 Bronco, 9" lift, 38x14.5 swampers, 60's front and rear with 4.10's, both diffs locked, full cage and fresh 400...my JEEP eater!

Last edited by Little-car-mafia on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:22 am 

So i take it your all so inspired by such a greatful use of a sprint

heres another pic of it getting farther along, just waiting on all the speakers and amps to come in the mail, everything will be camo when finished

Attachments:
camos.jpg
camos.jpg [ 38.38 KIB | Viewed 3945 times ]

1985 Bronco, 9" lift, 38x14.5 swampers, 60's front and rear with 4.10's, both diffs locked, full cage and fresh 400...my JEEP eater!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:02 pm 

is it normal for everyone on this website to be so stuck up? i was hoping to have some yay's or shnay's by now...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:51 pm 

Little-car-mafia wrote:
is it normal for everyone on this website to be so stuck up? i was hoping to have some yay's or shnay's by now...

We aren't all stuck up. It's just I'm not big into stereo building that's built to do nothing but loud. I find it interesting to watch the build process, but to me smaller is better. Specially since around here, you'll likely find the car missing in the morning if you have a wild system. :roll:

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 pm 
King of Pompous

Little-car-mafia wrote:
is it normal for everyone on this website to be so stuck up?

Are you serious?

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:34 am 

I live in South Dakota, if there is a car jacking, your car will be returned the next day, VERY low crime rate. no i wasn't serious but atleast it caught someones attention like it was meant to. yes it's gonna be loud, but not just noise.

A car with a wild body kit or insane motor is also very eye appealing to a thiefs eye in my own opinion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 pm 

Quote:
I live in South Dakota, if there is a car jacking, your car will be returned the next day, VERY low crime rate.

holy crap! i wish that was the case here in Tucson, I've had $4grand worth of car audio stolen out my geo from 2 different breakins and it was parked in my driveway of a nice gated community both times! :cry: and no you don't ever get your stuff back even the cop told me that my stuff is probably in mexico right now.

but the build looks cool. just curious as to why the door speakers are placed so far back, if i'm right it will sound like the music is coming out your ass, literaly lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:07 am 

he put them in the back of the door because there is kind of a opening/hole whatever from the factory there, the front part of the door is mainly solid and it would of been a pain in the nads to try and clear the speakers/wires from all the moving tracs and crap in the front.

well maybe he wouldn't get the stuff back but in order to get this stereo out... the thief will have to find a way to get a wrench inside the car because he ran a 1 foot bolt through the back of the back door all the way through the inner fender and bolted the doors shut... and if the thief manages that task than lets hope he has a sawzall... because this is a one time fit, non universible, unremovable stereo haha there is no way it's coming out in one piece... but if he gets lucky enough then Justin (owner of car) is only out $350... sponserships are good :)

Sorry bout that man, yeah some people obviously don't feel guilty about something they took, when the person being robbed is probably like me and works so hard for what they have and will probably not get the chance to fully replace it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:57 am 

Got a few more pictures of the finished project. smaller may be better in some eyes, but this stereo sounds AMAZING! We ran into a few friends that were in arby's tonight and we just happened to drive by, they tracked us down later on and told us it was so loud it was rattleing things in the restaurant like the windows and such.. we just drove by on a busy street... so i thought that was pretty crazy.

And for the record... it's not just noise, it sounds really good. No distortion at all and vocals as clear as Bill Gates Record.
i was suprised, we listened to some Fucking Determined by Mudvayne and Some TOOL, songs already hard to understand unless paying close attention... and it sounded AWESOME! Enjoy the pics, i give him props, he had never done anything as custom as this before and it turned out totally bitchin!

Attachments:
File comment: Speakers finally came in!
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 38.91 KIB | Viewed 3800 times ]
File comment: This thing got heavy, me and a friend had to hold this up while he connected the trillions of wires in the back of the car
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 48.57 KIB | Viewed 3798 times ]
File comment: The Boom Capacity Bolt... may be a redneck if you write on your car with sharpie... a foot long bolt acts as a door lock!
3 boom.jpg
3 boom.jpg [ 34.2 KIB | Viewed 3798 times ]
File comment: it was kind of like christmas haha, also that's the Mobile FX sign thing he made for the back of the car.
4 boxes.jpg
4 boxes.jpg [ 51.36 KIB | Viewed 3796 times ]
File comment: Proof that it's not just noise, the 4 6" speakers and 4 tweeters give it amazing sound, he did an awesome job on the door panels also.
5 tweeters.jpg
5 tweeters.jpg [ 42.35 KIB | Viewed 3796 times ]
File comment: all hooked up. it looks pretty cool when the hatch is shut. ironic enough the cap lights matched the amps and his neons in back
6 amp.jpg
6 amp.jpg [ 38.13 KIB | Viewed 3794 times ]
File comment: just another pic
7 wall.jpg
7 wall.jpg [ 44.78 KIB | Viewed 3794 times ]
File comment: the power source, and the ipod mount he made, he made the mount light up, it looks sick!
8 dash.jpg
8 dash.jpg [ 32.76 KIB | Viewed 3794 times ]
File comment: pickin a song, and some finishing touches
9 finishing touches.jpg
9 finishing touches.jpg [ 45.92 KIB | Viewed 3792 times ]
File comment: Than there's me.. just happy to be in the pic... what it looks like behind the seats
11 me wall.jpg
11 me wall.jpg [ 39.93 KIB | Viewed 3795 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 pm 

looks crazy, have you gotten a sound metter in there to see what kinda numbers it will hit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 pm 

ya, it's pushing 152Db's at 43 Hertz. :shock:

It Definetly makes you about crap yourself sitting in the car.. but music sounds amazing in it actually

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:14 pm 

hey man. that hatch area looks pretty sick, very clean. IMO the door speakers are too far rearward, I'd have built kicks, and I still plan to. whatever it is it's definitely different. would never knock a project car that didn't look like it came from dubai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBWMJ_XmpwM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 am 

Thanks for the compliment, ya he will admit it doesn't make the most sense putting them so far back in the door.. but than again the interior now probably has less room then a Honda Del Slo.. the wall is about 3 inches behind the top of the seats.. so either way the speakers up front sound real good and the spot he mounted them in the door was about a 10 minute job... compared to making them stick out of the front of the door 3 inches to clear the inner door guts.

Different is what he was going for so it's good to know people think it's different in a good way 8)

that dubai car is Wicked! my jaw dropped watching it and i'm not even into that stuff... i'm more of a cruise down the trail guy haha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:35 pm 

actually I posted about that dubai car because it's pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and the person who owns it clearly has no good taste whatsoever, lol. I mean if you like it whatever, I'm just saying, no person who could afford to do that with any taste at all would pay the price of a second honda to be able to do that.

your buddy's car doesn't look like that, so I mean it's ok in my books :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 pm 

awwww gotcha. To be Honest i agree with you 100% it was suprising because i've just never seen anything like it before... but than again it's all show... but has no use pretty much...nice car.. off the showroom, turned into a money pit without a purpose.

No offense takin because now that i look at it again... it's pretty gay. :lol:

Ya my buddies car is alot of fun... the most fun you can have in a auto sprint.. ha jp, he's getting some kicker grills for the subs, the ones that look really cool.. like last years or something idk. he needs them though before a headrest goes through a speaker haha.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 pm 

lol, I love what you said there about a headrest, because it sets me off on a tangent that is completely irrelevant to this topic, but yeah, one time I had a guy ull into my shop with a cavalier, and he had installed his own stuff, he had 1 6" in his steering wheel in place of his airbag, 1 6" in his dash in place of the passenger airbag, and 2 speakers in the backs of the headrests for the front seats pointing at rear passengers, as well as the original oem speakers in the stock locations.

I simply could not bite my tongue. he asked me how to make it sound good and I'm like dude that'll never sound good. I think I told him to buy another car, lol. even better was that he got defensive about it, much less claimed he knew somebody on alpine's corporate side who he got everything from.

every time I think of it I can't help but laugh and think about how everybody thinks they can be an installer. scary. lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 pm 

Hahahaha that guy needs to be punched in the face.. first of all a cavalier? second i wouldn't want to smash my head into a speaker if i hit a deer or such... what a total F****** Idiot!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:16 am 

[quote="Little-car-mafia"]first of all a cavalier? [?quote]

hey man I don't know if you noticed, but you ARE on a SWIFT forum posting about a SPRINT.

lmao

but I will give you that it was a four door

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 am 

Dude i knew that was coming... but atleast a metro/swift/sprint is cool in it's own way, I mean a 3 cylinder.. they're so tiny it catches the corner of your eye thinking the circus busted out of the tent, people that own them own them because they know the capabilities, or are just smart... not the best reasons but all i could come up with haha ya that sounds bad..

A cavalier... :roll: wow i think i just saw 15 of them drive by my apartment window..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 pm 

lmao agreed.

the beauty of these cars is it seems like if there was a problem with the car you could disassemble it and rebuild it in a day. so simple. I mean I could probably pull the motor with a wrench and a right hand. that's what made me buy one.

that's what made me buy a messed up one let me correct myself. did u check out mine in the vert section? lol. that's what I mean by messed up.