TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PYLE SYSTEM??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 pm 

Has anyone used any of the PYLE cdplayers or subs if so let me know if there any good,found some great deals just havent used the brand..

Post subject: Re: PYLE SYSTEM??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57 pm 
King of Pompous

Well...what are you expecting to get for sound? It won't be mind blowing. I'd avoid the CD Players but the subs will work...how well depends largely on what you're expecting out of them.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:13 am 

Well I'm not much of the big bass kinda guy but some good sound overall..I just figured I would go a differnt route with brands instead of the alpine-sony-pioneer..I enjoy being different... =)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 am 
King of Pompous

They are a cheaper brand but the speakers aren't terrible. The CD decks look cheap as hell though.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:24 am 

Well i dont think this one looks bad for under $175 brand new(cd/dvd/usb)I hope show up right!! =)

Attachments:
File comment: pyle cd dvd usb
pylecdplayer.jpg
pylecdplayer.jpg [ 23.35 KIB | Viewed 1443 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 pm 

:huh: BUMPING

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 pm 

those ones are problematic. there's about 100 different brands all made by the same factory that all look identical and they all kinda suck.

avoid pyle. if you're looking for cheap, check out slightly better brands like pioneer, clarion, jvc, coustic, hifonics, panasonic. all make VERY enttry level items that are a bit more pricey than pyle, but you'll have it YEARS longer.

pyle has been the standard for boat anchors for decades. brands under the same company and/or make very similar product include: pyramid, boss, lanzar, legacy, dual, jensen, visonik, valor, clifford (car audio only, they make excellent alarms and starters), scosche audio (makes install parts but audio is sketchy), directed audio (makes install support items and alarm/starters well but audio mediocre), certain items by fahrenheit (some are decent, tough to tell which ones), soundstream (everything they make is quite decent, but for a while was releasing head units identical to pyle units), innovatek.

In reference to head units, these units aside from having a habit of simply self-destructing, also under-perform like crazy, generally in my opinion due to not one of them that i'm aware of making a unit with more than a 1 bit digital-analog converter (generally the higher the bitrate, the higher resolution the sound is that is output from the unit. a really good unit will have a 24 bit d/a, 24 times better resolution audio processing)

you can get cheap AND good, it is possible. you just have to spend more time looking. also be willing to spend slightly more.
is dvd really a priority? the car I intend to be my show car when finished will have a dvd player. my other two cars have cd decks, and that's all they need. maybe I'm an oddball, but I find it less than necessary for myself. I put a realy decent system together for my daily driver that cost me maybe 300 bucks, retail, including installation would have been possibly under a grand. first ask yourself what you want. then ask for advice. happy to give it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:45 am 

pyle is exactly what it sounds like a pyle of crap, don't use the decks, the subs are a cheap way to go pay a little extra and get some thing that will last and is worth your investment

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:57 am 

Pioneer is usually safe if your on a budget and want something readily available. Far better than Pyle. I'm partial to Eclipse for HU's but their quality seems to have gone downhill a little. I mean the sound is still excelent and options etc, but the MP3 Playback could be better and brighter less cluttered screen and plastic buttons are not what they used to be. I want my old Aluminum face Eclipse back with rubber knobs...Damn theifs! A used Eclipse might be right up your alley though. Or a new pioneer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:28 am 
Sad but True...

Lanzar,Soundstream and HiFonics USED to be Awsome !!!! Remember you get what you pay for. I Miss the OLD Alpines(Pre 1992,those things were bulletproof!!)

If my Swift was as fast as Tg or m's car I'd be famous...
My car is a trailer queen 'cause it's too slow to merge safely into traffic