TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:46 am 

Hey Guys!
I have a 94 metro. According to what I have been told, this car has speaker locations in the dash board. The only holes in the dash for anything at all is the ac vents.
Its a 2 door model, so I looked in the front doors. No hole for speakers there either. The back side panel has speaker vents and wires inside, but no place to mount speakers inside. The back hatch has openings for speakers in the steal and a opening in the back panel, but no wires.
This is a model that came from the factory with no radio at all.
How do i hook up factory type speakers in this car when there is no visible signs of a place to put them?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:06 pm 

Speakers are behind the bottom left and right panels of your dash. In this pic, the left one is under the left air vent, you can see the screw that holds the panel, yours should be the same:

10 cm speakers drop right in, maybe you could fit 13's in there, but it will need some work.

Behind the sidepanels in the back is room for speakers, but as far as I know, only GTi's came with (stamped steel) brackets for them. Also 10 cm. I used to have speakers there, made some brackets myself:

I don't know if your car came with a parcel shelf, or at least the plastic supports for it, because in those there is room for a pair of 4x6". For what it's worth, stock speaker sizes are too small, you'll miss out on the bass.

- 0,5mm oversized pistons
- mildly ported head, 1,7mm taken off
- ss exhaust valves
- 222/365 3tech cam
- +10 gear
- K&N air filter
- TBI bridge removed
- 40mm throttle and intake manifold
- srd underdrive pulley
- AASCO 3kg flywheel with GTi clutch
- GTi catback
- deleted cat, now 2" ss pipe
- 14x6J ET45 BSA Racing
- Nankang AS-1 165/55-14
- 35mm lower Apex front and rear springs
- GTi sway bar
- Turbinetech underbody brace
- Ultra Racing upper strut bar

0-100kph: unknown seconds

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 pm 

Thanks.. I never noticed the speaker holes in the bottom of the dash. Very interesting. As far as the side panels. The only thing in there are speaker wires, bit no mounting brackets. I guess I can make me some.

Really appreciate the info.

:razz:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:53 pm 

Go to a junkyard get the brackets for your rear speakers in the side panels, then cut them in half and you can cram a 6.5 inch speaker back there. depending on your speaker choice you may want to trim the panel back around the tweeter so it fits. Then if you are lucky and find a four door hatch they have cut outs in the hatch trim panel for a four inch speaker. oh and the us model metro 2drs came with the brackets and 4 inch speakers if it came with a radio of corse :-P .

94 Geo Metro 4dr G10 357k miles
95 Ford Taurus GL Vulcan 298k miles
88 Nissan 300zx n/a 2+2 181k miles
1989 Ford F-150 5.0 4x4 (my 4wd Mustang) Lord only knows how many miles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:20 am 

Guess I'm going to have to branch out a bit further. Haven't found a junkyard within 100 miles with an older Geo.
I got a pair of 4" mounted in the dash. They mount under the dash. All along I was looking for something a bit more visible, lol..
The rear hatch does have the cutouts for 4", but no wiring. Now I'm trying to figure out how to feed wire through the hatch steel panel. Maybe a metal clothe hanger?

Thanks for your input guys!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:36 pm 

I found a couple two door metros today at the junkyard let me know i can grab the brackets and i can ship them to you. If you cover all the cost incurred of corse :D

94 Geo Metro 4dr G10 357k miles
95 Ford Taurus GL Vulcan 298k miles
88 Nissan 300zx n/a 2+2 181k miles
1989 Ford F-150 5.0 4x4 (my 4wd Mustang) Lord only knows how many miles