TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 am 

How do I determine if my subwoofer or my amplifier is damaged for my car sound system? My amp shows a power light. The fuse is NOT circuited. However, my subwoofer no longer thumps like it use to. All cabling are OK. It use to thumb real loud with bass, but now, it barely thumps and distribute cracky sound bass noises, which is irritating. Since it still thumps, i dont know if its the amp or subwoofer. All the configuration settings on the radio dash unit is set correctly.

Last edited by pahosky on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 pm 

sub..sounds like you coil is hitting.
You can move it with your fingers and feel when it hits :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 pm 
King of Pompous

Wire your amp to a different subwoofer and see if the problem goes away. Sounds like a blown sub but I've heard amps tdo the same thing when they fry...

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:22 pm 

i love to do car starieos and yes its ur sub ur inner coil has been riped out and it crackels and ect. if ur not carfull ihave seen subs cetch fire from this and mdf is wich most sub boxes made of the wood cetches flaim fast if ur amp was shot it would be no power or no sound and if i am wrong u have a broken conection some where best way to find out whats happning is when ur sub is off push on the center not with lots of force but till it bottoms out if u hear a craching ur voice coil is gone for sure i know this because i have a 12'' kenwood that does it in my gfs car best bet is go with a beter brand sub my pefered choice what i have in my car is 2 10'' p2 rockford fosgates on ported box but if ur going to extream like that make sure u have compasitor and 2 batterys and plexy glass windos i blew mine out going down highway...i was not inpressed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:07 pm 
King of Pompous

orignalchaps wrote:
i blew mine out going down highway...i was not inpressed

:jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: OK there tiger...Tommy doesn't come into this section so I'll certify this for him....

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:49 am 

My amp seems to power the light. Fuse is not cut out. However, I have a subwoofer thumps longer using. All wiring OK. Use the bottom with your thumb real hard, but now it barely thuds and share cracky Bass Sound, which is annoying. As more and thuds, I do not know if its an amplifier or subwoofer. All settings in the configuration of the radio line is set correctly.