TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:49 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:50 pm 
King of Pompous

Should be a little easier to find these here. If you have any tutorials you want put here PM me and I'll add the links. If there are any tutorials you would like to see done in the future PM me as well and I'll see what I can come up with.

Cosmetic FAQs:

Making light up subwoofer rings

How to bend MDF

Fiberglass door pods

Fun with Carpet

Covering Your Enclosure with Carpet, Acrylic, and Laminate

Tech FAQs

How to build a lightweight sound system

Using enclosure software to make a ported sub enclosure

Fiberglass subwoofer enclosures

Spare tire well enclosure in 4 easy steps

Building a Wall

Myths Dispelled: Why capacitors Don't Work

The Big 3

Security Systems

The right tool for the job...

Trial and Error...some SPL tricks to try...

REALLY cheap ring terminals

Here is the stereo wiring for the MKII (and I'm pretty sure that it works for the MKIII's too) Swifts.

I've quoted Lihtan on the following as it is very good advice.

Lihtan wrote:
The easiest way to be sure what the wires do, is check them with a multimeter or a test light before you wire them up.

Connect one lead to something grounded (like the metal brace under the dash) and the other lead to one of the wires:
• if you get a voltage reading with the ignition in the OFF position, the wire goes straight to the battery
• if you get a voltage reading with the ignition in the ACC position, the wire gets power from Accessory (it will probably also get power from ON as well)
• if you get a voltage reading with the ignition in the ON position, the wire gets power from Ignition/On (check if ACC delivers power too)
• if you don't get any voltage reading from the ignition in any position, turn the lights on to see if it's on a lamp circuit. You should see a voltage fluctuation if you turn the dimmer knob
• if you still don't get any voltage reading from the ignition in any position, trying doing a continuity test to see if it's a ground wire.
• you may also have a factory speaker wire on hand, don't bother trying to test for this, factory speaker wires should be replaced when you install a stereo anyways.

Here is the re & re diagram for the 92-94 Swift...Thanks to omnimax1975 for putting the pic up.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]